Will the droid 2's Bootloader be locked ?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just wondering I mean I have my droid 1 rooted I flash new roms all the time .....
Just wondering if the droid 2's bootloader will be locked or if anyone has heard from a source about this as I know droid x's bootloader is locked.

I mean I spend to much time flashing & customizing my droid but I am starting to cut back now so it does not bother me but it would be nice to be able to have the option if I had some extra time

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would have to say yes. but whats to say it cant be cracked (im still hoping for the DX's to be :) )

droid15

Reaction score
so this means no flashing recovery, therefore no custom roms:(

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
when their is a nerds will, their is a way! im sure itl be cracked eventually. I just need a r2d2 phone with custom roms. BADA$$.

audioman42

Reaction score
So does this mean no themes, overclocking, or wireless tethering either?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Miami about this last night and yes, the Droid 2 Bootloader will be locked. That's per his source.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola has come out and said all future device will be locked. With it though you can still WiFi tether, but no rom or over clocking that I know of. Without recovery I see no way to flash a kernel.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Yes, the bootloader will be secured. Motorola said it on their Twitter feed (@MotoMobile) yesterday in response to someone asking if it was unlocked.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure p3 already cracked it.

Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit

Really? OOOoo Care to elaborate?

Idk, just talking out my arse to attempt to stir the pot. I tried to make up some fantastic story, but it's late and I am tired... meh.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure p3 already cracked it.

Really? OOOoo Care to elaborate?

Idk, just talking out my arse to attempt to stir the pot. I tried to make up some fantastic story, but it's late and I am tired... meh.

Haha i can already answer this. Its not p3 making major headway with it, Birdman is getting close. I saw the article i just dont want to find it lol.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Mr. Birdman has gotten a rudimentary recovery loaded on the X, and recently enabled adb on it, but at the time of this post, it does not boot into Android. He's making progress though, its all good signs so far.

There's still rumors that the Droid Pro, an upcoming Moto Android phone, will have an unlocked bootloader, though its all rumors coming from someone at Howardforums. Still, Moto's stance on this makes me want to buy a Samsung or HTC phone rather than support their BS.

caseyc

Reaction score
If it is locked and there is now way to crack it i will end up going elsewhere besides motorola, i love my droid 1 running BBv0.4 with the red glass theme and a chevy1.0g kernal. personaly i will stick with the droid 1 as long as i can still find them.