Droid 2 Root

zoeb786

Reaction score
With the bootloader being locked, but the software being so similar to the Droid X, does anyone thing that we can use the same hack to get root access on the Droid 2, as the Droid X?

Edit 8/16: Not yet.

mjones1052

Reaction score
I tried the exploid exploit to root my Droid 2 today and it's a no go. The exploit was patched with Froyo as will it be patched with the Droid X Froyo. So when we get Froyo on Droid X we will most likely lose root, unless of course we get it on the Droid 2 and it applies to the Droid X as well.

ljbaumer

Reaction score
i would definitely get a droid 2 if it was root-able but for now i am going to hold off because i HATE that weird ninja-blur ****

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that next on the list to get........

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its been like two days. It will happen no worries.

Paralda

Reaction score
Droidmod apparently has found an exploit to get root on any Android device... just wait until it's ready.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droidmod apparently has found an exploit to get root on any Android device... just wait until it's ready.

Where'd you hear this??

It was birdman who came up with the exploit, but he would (or someone who knows enough) have to modify some files, and then do the same thing as the X. The same exploit rooted the i1 and the devour. It's an exploit in motorola android phones, but it is patchable.

Sent from my Droid