will my contract be changed? verizon question about activating (switching) phones

otter34

Reaction score
My g/f has a motorola Q. I have the droid. If she gets the thunderbolt can I switch phones w/ her w/out affecting my contract or by activating a different phone will it change my contract? I've given her my old phones and she has activated 3 different ones over the past few years but I've never gone in reverse.

I'm due for an upgrade August 10th so I don't want to mess up anything. I know they changed their upgrade or new every 2 program so to tell you the truth I'm not sure what I'd mess up or how it would affect me if at all

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The upgrade to your g/f phone affects only her line. Once she agrees to the terms and conditions, it can be moved to any other phone line and those phone lines do not change eligibility.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
Wonderful, thanks! Now if only I could find a 4g phone for her w/ a physical keyboard. Any idea when one might come out? I see the tbolt and charge don't have physical keyboards. Also, is the droid pro not available in all areas?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Wonderful, thanks! Now if only I could find a 4g phone for her w/ a physical keyboard.....?
We have Droid 2s because we thought we would not like the virtual keyboard. Then I got SwiftKey on my Droid 2 and haven't opened the keyboard since. If your gf is hooked on the physical keyboard, get her to try SwiftKey for a while. It learns what you type. My next phone certainly won't have a physical keyboard.