Will Installing Roms delete data and apps?

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
Okay I am just beginning on rooting and installing Roms. I have rooted my phone and thinking about installing a ROM, can I install without wiping data? If not what can I use to back up data and apps?

Do I need a kernel?

A link to a good step by step would be awesome! Thank you in advance!

Just don't want to screw up my phone- Paid full retail price for it!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
First, do you have a Droid2 or a DroidX? And what version of android are you on? You can find that by going to Settings/About Phone. If you have a DroidX I'll move this to that section so you can get more help.

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, it's rooted, have titanium back-up and Rom Manager

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Ok, I saw DroidX in you details is why I ask. I dont have a D2, but I wipe everything when I install a rom. All of you apps are linked to your gmail account so those will load once the rom is installed. Ti-Bu is a good app to backup your data. Just dont backup any system apps. As far as instructions, the roms have instruction on how to install them in first post.

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
Figured it out, got it back to stock, which is great, better than gingerbread!!! Got Cyanogen Mod on but it was buggy, keyboard didn't work that great. successfully restored phone back to original state phew!

I am looking all over the place for good Roms, is Liberty that great? Or do I need a different one for my droid 2 running 2.2?