When installing a theme?

droid doctor

Reaction score
So can I install a theme on top of another theme? Or should I just reflash my rom and theme it after that? And do I delete everything even if its the same rom? Should I wipe data and cache?

Sorry for all of the questions at one time.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
flashing a theme does not require a data wipe and in some cases you can flash a theme right on top of another theme with no problems. the only time you would have a problem is if the first theme is more comprehensive then the next, you would see some elements of the theme remaining after you flash the new theme. if that makes sense. best practice would be to reflash your rom again without a wipe before a new theme.

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
So if I don't wipe data/factory reset and if I don't wipe data/cache and reflash the rom will it go back to as when I first installed the rom?

phorgotten

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So if I don't wipe data/factory reset and if I don't wipe data/cache and reflash the rom will it go back to as when I first installed the rom?

You can install the same rom over top of itself without a data wipe, this just makes it revert back to stock theme. That way if you install a theme that doesn't have as components themed as the previous you wont see mixed themes, it will be just stock and whatever the new theme is. Make sense?