WiFi vs 4G

Jimbo662

Reaction score
Been trying to find an answer to this but no luck...when you turn on wifi does this basically disable 4G so you're not using up your data? At the gym they have free wifi that I use for Pandora so I would always turn off the 4G on my Evo and just run with wifi.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Its suppose to turn off 4g when you turn on wifi. But for some odd reason Motorola's 4g phones don't turn off 4g when wifi is enabled. When I had the Rezound it would turn off 4g whenever I would enable wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can set a rule in smart actions that turns it off...look at my screen shot....no data only wifi

Sent from the cutting edge.
c6918f02-454b-d26e.jpg

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
is this an issue with the new phones as a whole? My DX and D1 before it, automatically turns off 3G when wifi connects. If wifi is enabled but not connected, the 3G is enabled.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Wifi by itself does not turn off 4G. At home while plugged in I let 4G stay on with WiFi so I can get MMS and BackupSync things work.

swallman

Reaction score
Wifi by itself does not turn off 4G. At home while plugged in I let 4G stay on with WiFi so I can get MMS and BackupSync things work.

I could be wrong, but MMS doesn't come through the LTE network - it comes through plain old voice (non-data), doesn't it ?

Basically anything else that you have that requires data should be able to go completely through WiFi I thought.