Wifi Tethering

xrxex

Reaction score
I've searched and did this and that and have had no luck, so my last resort is posting to see if anybody can help me.

I have an HTC Rezound, with Android 2.3.4, the stock OS? I've rooted my phone but the one thing I can not get to work is the wifi tether.

I've downloaded several things and done this and that but I still can not find the SSID on my HTC Thunderbolt when I look at the wifi listing to connect to it so I have internet on both phones.

I'm praying that somebody is able to help me with this.

nastybynature

Reaction score
I've searched and did this and that and have had no luck, so my last resort is posting to see if anybody can help me.

I have an HTC Rezound, with Android 2.3.4, the stock OS? I've rooted my phone but the one thing I can not get to work is the wifi tether.

I've downloaded several things and done this and that but I still can not find the SSID on my HTC Thunderbolt when I look at the wifi listing to connect to it so I have internet on both phones.

I'm praying that somebody is able to help me with this.

Try foxfi

SargeUSMC

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to FoxFi? The free version has limitations, and the paid version has issues, based on the feedback I've seen in the store.
I have a rooted Razr, and I got a tab as a gift, so I'm looking for a good tethering app.

OP
X

xrxex

Reaction score
I tried Foxfi befoer I had posted that original posting. It loads up and all but for some reason I can't find it in the listing of wifi networks when searching. I'm willing to donate to whoever can help me fix this issue, because I need to tether two nights a week while I'm at my part time job, and I'm not forking verizon $20 a month for 2gb of data, that's insanely stupidly overpriced.

What I find even funnier is the fact that they're always trying to get me to change my plan to "Save me money". I told the lady this: "Okay, let's not be stupid here." I use on average 12GB a month of data, then I get an State Employee discount which applies to my 39.99 data plan, if I switched to the share everything plan then I wouldn't get a discount on the data added to the new line then I'd have to pay more monthly for the amount of data I use." I hate when they try to make something out to be what it's not saying it'll save me money, but in all reality I wanted to curse her out. If it's only there to save customers money then why did they do away with the unlimited data choice if you're a new customer, and why do they try to force me to change my plan if I want to get a 2 year upgrade to get the cheaper price? That's so ignorant of them it's not even funny. The funny thing is I only used 1gb-2gb a month before they kept trying to force me to change my plan, but since then I've made it a personal mission to use at least 10gb a month, so I'll stream stuff while I'm sleeping or whatever the case may be.

Anyways sorry for my venting, I'm just tired of Verizon's BS. I hope somebody can help me get one of these programs for wifi tethering to work.