Infrastructure Wifi Tethering

yllibsivad

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the best way to go about creating WiFi tethering with infrastructure rather than ad-hoc? My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 w/ Android 2.3.4 requires the infrastructure method, if all I've read is correct. Can anyone give me any solution for this? I can root my Galaxy Tab if need be as well. My Rezound is rooted and using the stock kernel. Let me know if I need to update the kernel to an ICS rom or leak (are they the same thing)? Can anyone point me toward a good ICS leak/rom? I really just want to get WiFi tethering working on my Galaxy Tab for my bus rides to and from work.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I also have stock rooted GB and can't get the Wifi Teather program to work right.

Supposedly it works well with CleanROM - but personally I have not tried it.

Howard

t0ughguy0

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the best way to go about creating WiFi tethering with infrastructure rather than ad-hoc? My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 w/ Android 2.3.4 requires the infrastructure method, if all I've read is correct. Can anyone give me any solution for this? I can root my Galaxy Tab if need be as well. My Rezound is rooted and using the stock kernel. Let me know if I need to update the kernel to an ICS rom or leak (are they the same thing)? Can anyone point me toward a good ICS leak/rom? I really just want to get WiFi tethering working on my Galaxy Tab for my bus rides to and from work.

I use an app called ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher on my HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod7 with gingerbread. I just run the Free WiFi Tether on my phone and then open the app on my touchpad, then I just click the button that says Try to switch to Ad-hoc mode, just to try... it connects to my phone with no trouble. I was running CM9 on my touchpad with ICS and the app didn't work really well but it did work.

Edit: I forgot completely that you need root access on your tablet to use the app.

Last edited: