Best Rom for Infrastructure Wifi Tethering

yllibsivad

Reaction score
I am attempting to connect to my Rezound's Mobile network via WiFi tethering with my Verizon Samsung Tab 7.0. The Tab has Android 2.3.4 unrooted stock running on it. I've tried the WiFi Tethering app with netd settings, NexusOne profile, mss clamping enabled, and alternatively with and without WiFi driver reloading enabled/disabled. My Tab still can't pick up the signal. Any tips on getting the Tab to tether correctly? If I need a Rom please let me know which one. If I can do this on stock kernel somehow please let me know. Thanks so much! Please keep on mind I am a semi noob.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I haven't found any apps that allow wifi tethering without rooting on the rezound. I think if u root there are apps that should work but I haven't rooted my rezound yet (I used to use 'barnacle' on OG droid). My impression is that rooting the rezound is pretty easy but flashing roms on this thing is intensive or at least a PITA.

Also know that some tablets (kindle fire) do not support these ad-hoc wifi connections without rooting or changing the rom. I doubt this is the issue you're having but worth looking into.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
And foxfi works on stock rezound for bluetooth only- id try that first