WiFi tether app that 100% works for Rezound + unlimited data (Root required)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Finding a tethering app that works on the Rezound was a lot harder than I though it'd be. I am posting this here for my own future reference if nothing else.

WiFi Tether for Root Users (Google Play)
It is free

Use the following settings:

- Device profile: Use "Generic ICS/Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)" or "Rezound (CDMA/GSM)" depending on if you have newest version or not.

- Setup Method: Use "Auto" or "Netd (Master)"

- Make sure the "Routing Fix" is enabled. It is a check box.

On my ICS 4.03 Rezound it is very quick to connect.

Last edited:

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I found a non-Wifi option that works great. Easy Tether. It's a usb tether option and it's $10 through the Amazon App store, but it never disconnects and works every single time. By far the best, most consistently performing usb tethering app I have ever used.
I use it at home when I an recording a podcast over a Google Hangout. My internet connection at home isn't great for that, since we live JUST outside cable broadband and DSL coverage areas (by about 1/4 mile...it sucks...and they refuse to expand to include us and the 8 homes around us). We have Clearwire, which is fine for web browsing and usually ok for Youtube and streaming video most of the time...but the upload sucks, usually like around 100k, which is horrible.

Easy Tether is well worth the money if you want a usb connection and don't root your phone.

gcm

Reaction score
Thanks for the Settings Info

Thank you very much for posting this. Saved me hours of frustration.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Wifi teather has been around for years and used on rezound phones even on gingerbread.

What is new is it is now available on the Google play store.

Theodrake

Reaction score
My thanks too

I had tried this app before and couldn't get it to work. I used your settings and was able to successfully tether my Nexus 7.

SBrown

Reaction score
Those settings didn't quite work for me, but this did:

• Change Device Profile: "HTC Rezound (LTE/CDMA/GSM)"
  • Change Setup-Method: "Netd-Ndc (master)"
  • WiFi-driver reload is checked (By default "WiFI-Driver Reload 2" is checked, I had to uncheck it and choose the first one. This was the critical step for me that was different than the steps listed in the post above.)
  • Routing fix: checked

Coupe

Reaction score
Ahh, I did not get that this was the actual app name, I thought the name was not actually shown in the initial post for some reason. Thanks MR.Smith