Wifi Tethering Issues on Droid 1

JesseF

Reaction score
I just got my droid 1 activated and rooted yesterday. I'm familiar with using android after having a nexus one. However, when tethering with (any of) the wifi apps, the internet starts to cut out. You can see the 3G icon go away and come back, and it seems like it starts working again after you stop tethering.

I can't tell if this is a hardware, software or network issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aguilar25

Reaction score
i actually have been wondering this also 'cause it happens to me too.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid and I tether to my mac book pro quite often. Once connected, I do not lose my connections.

If you are OC'd try lowering the speed
Check your channel settings. The tutorial I used suggested changing to channel 07 with power mode active.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
J

JesseF

Reaction score
it's actually working on now with PDANet via USB. I'm also using a macbook pro. With wifi, you can actually see the 3G icon come and go from the the taskbar on the droid after about 10 minutes or so.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is a copy of the tutorial (Matth3W) that I used when I first rooted and continue to use.

My settings for WiFi tether are...uncheck use Bluetooth, check Enable WiFi Encryption, set up a passphrase (make sure it is 13 characters), change the SSID or leave it default (I left it default), Change channel to 07, power mode active, enable access control unchecked (my preference), change LAN first option, everything else left it the way it was.

OP
J

JesseF

Reaction score
Here is a copy of the tutorial (Matth3W) that I used when I first rooted and continue to use.

My settings for WiFi tether are...uncheck use Bluetooth, check Enable WiFi Encryption, set up a passphrase (make sure it is 13 characters), change the SSID or leave it default (I left it default), Change channel to 07, power mode active, enable access control unchecked (my preference), change LAN first option, everything else left it the way it was.

i don't see anything in the settings about power mode.. where is that?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just checked mine and could not find power mode. Not positive but the tutorial was posted March 9, 2010. I'm thinking that since then that particular setting has been removed.

Sorry for any confusion.

Mike

OP
J

JesseF

Reaction score

I just checked mine and could not find power mode. Not positive but the tutorial was posted March 9, 2010. I'm thinking that since then that particular setting has been removed.

Sorry for any confusion.

Mike
No prob. I'm trying it now, i also downloaded the newest version i could find, I don't think I was using the newest one. So far it's working but it was working before and then would stop. Thanks again for the help