WiFi Problem

Pixelmancer

Reaction score
I wanted to download a game from the market, but it's a large file so apparently it requires WiFi and won't let you download it on 3G. Okay, fine. I scavenged my closets and managed to find an old router to hook up. I got the router set up and the firmware upgraded and everything works fine on the PC end of things. The problem starts when I connect my droid to the WiFi. It connects fine, but then both my PC and droid connections stop working and I get an error on my PC that says "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.". I have no clue how to fix it. Can anyone help please?

Edit: I'm on Windows XP and the router is a Linksys WRT54G2 with firmware version 1.0.04 if that helps.

Edit 2: Doh! Wrong forum. Can a mod delete this please?

Last edited:

Ryele

Reaction score
I was just recently having this problem and I found out via this forum that there is also a setting under setting> and Data> that you can unclick and it will allow you to use your phone to download without using the wifi, of course it the file is just way to big that would not work...I am sure by now you know this since you posted in July but just in case thought I would let you know.

clover408

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have the issues that the WiFi drop and come on and doing it again after Jelly Bean update

stemo

Reaction score
I've noticed that problem. I just ignore it for the most part.

ARCHANGEL80

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issue, but know of no way to resolve the matter just yet :-(