Wifi problem with Droid 2 global

rbres15

Reaction score
My d2g seems to go offline after about 15-20 minutes. the wifi toggle looks as if it remains on, but to fix it, i click the wifi off, then turn it back on, and it will be fine for a while. then without any otherindicators, there will be no internet connection. If i then turn the wifi off and on again, everything will work again.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where does this happen? What are your network settings?

OP
R

rbres15

Reaction score
it happens at my house. not sure what you mean by my settings. it shows i am connected to my nome internet. Im wondering if it has somehting to do with my advance task killer that i installed today at the sugggestion of the the rep at verizon wireless today. He was trying to help me with the constant freeze ups costing me to open up the back and pop the battery every couple of days.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was looking for security settings (WPA, WEP) and if your SSID is broadcast or not.

In general, task killers cause more problems than they solve. If you're having freezing problems, it's also likely to be from an app thats not working properly. Have you installed anything recently?

OP
R

rbres15

Reaction score
my security is wpa/wpa2 psk, not sure about ssid? i have alot of new apps considering the phone is only about 3 weeks old. i'm thinking i may need to do a full reset even though it will be a pain in the but to put all my music and pics back on.