Wifi or 3G?

fking29

Reaction score
New smartphone user here. Trying to figure out why anyone would activate wifi and deplete their battery when they could use the verizon network? What's the benefit to wifi?

Stigy

Reaction score
Well not only does WiFi offer faster speeds and not use the data in your coverage, but I use WiFI when I am at my office.

I am in IT so sometimes I need to perform functions on the network or remote into my computer. Being on Wifi allows me to access basic company resources even when I am in the office, but away from my desk.

You will notice that Wifi speeds are faster than the Verizon 3G as well so sometimes that is why people use it.

OP
F

fking29

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So you can connect to network PCs? Do you have any tips for doing this?

OP
F

fking29

Reaction score
Does the phone default to wifi if it's turned on?

Stigy

Reaction score
I have Wifi turned on via the Locale app.

I tell it that between 9AM-5PM turn Wifi on.

ddietz21

Reaction score
you dont have to pay $15 dollars for an app... you can get "Gmote" for free. It might not do everything the $15 app will, but you can control your computer with Gmote... use your phone as a mouse, open media documents. BALLER

Stigy

Reaction score
you dont have to pay $15 dollars for an app... you can get "Gmote" for free. It might not do everything the $15 app will, but you can control your computer with Gmote... use your phone as a mouse, open media documents. BALLER

You're talking about something completely different...

RDP allows you to NOT be in front of your computer and control aspects of it like you were sitting in front of it. RDP does not require a client to be active on the Windows machine you are remoting into.

If I didn't use it all the time the $15 would seem like a waste, but I sue it A LOT and it makes it worth it.

erica_c40

Reaction score
I know there are apps that are free that work just as well as PC anywhere or the kind.