WiFi-Only Motorola Xoom Hidding Behind The Curtains

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The new Motorola Xoom shown off at CES this year, might have a WiFi-only variant in the works. This information comes from Motorola’s Latin America GM, who was featured in an interview with Infobae. He said that a WiFi only model exists and should be released this April. This is great news for those that don't want to be stuck to a contract with Verizon Wireless to get the best tablet experience.

How do you feel about this news?

Source (WiFi only Xoom coming in April? | Android Central)

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank god cuz after i buy the thunderbolt, Bionic, and the xoom i wont have anything left for another data plan. whew bank loan averted :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait a min, that link mentioned the Xoom has the standard interface...what we see on the Xoom is stock Android Honeycomb?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am also glad to know that a WIFI only version "could" be available...

j3oomerang

Reaction score
Great news, I would never get one with a data plan when I can just tether it with my Droid. But it will probably be too expensive for me to justify, I don't really need a smartphone, laptop, and tablet. It wouldn't sit well with my minimalism.

chained22

Reaction score
a sigh of relief, i really didnt want to pay for a contract, i dont travel enough to really get full advantage out of the contract and im normally at college where there is wifi

UNC

Reaction score
I need to see some comparisons with the BB Playbook before I decide between the two, but I hope this news carries over to ALL tablets!!! I don't want yer' Data plan!!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Great to hear. Now if they would just announce a 7" WiFi variant I would be very happy. I'm set to buy a tab but really don't want a 10".