WIFI- Obtaining IP Address

first time caller

Reaction score
OK, I have searched in several locations and have not seen this specific question asked. If it has been discussed I apologize now for this.

I have had my droid incredible for 2 weeks with no issues besides, this. While at home I have tried several times to get it to connect to my WIFI at home. It will start connecting and just sit on the "Obtaining IP Address" and not move any further.

I have tried static IP on and off. Any suggestions?

Guess I should also add, I have a Netgear WNR2000 router if that matters.

Last edited:

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Have you tried power cycling your router and then set the wifi to re-obtain and IP address?

OP
F

first time caller

Reaction score
I did restart both router and modem and it works BUT I did that yesterday to get it to work also. I hope I don't have to do that tomorrow as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Are you still having to power cycle your router and modem on a daily basis?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

rzapolin

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with HTC Incredible. The problem started after a few weeks of easy access. I tried with two routers at home. One is secure and one is open. In both cases it stays on "Obtaining IP address from router." I have restarted routers. Did you ever get an answer? I don't see one in this thread.

OP
F

first time caller

Reaction score
Yes, still having issues. I can cycle my router on and off and it works BUT if I leave and come home its back to square one.

This works great when I'm out in public. Picks up everything and connects with no problem. It only happens when at home.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ManWonder

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Airplane" mode trick? You put it in Airplane mode then go back to wifi.

Symmetry

Reaction score
I had the obtaining ip address when trying to connect to my home network. I when i went into WiFi Settings, Clicked on my network (which said obtaining IP address) and clicked on 'FORGET'.. then went back in and entered in my security passcode/key again.. it connected right away. :icon_ devil: