Wifi issue driving me crazy!

ickselglic

Reaction score
So, I had a Motorola Droid that always connected to my home wifi, all the time, no problems, WPA2 by the way. I've had my DInc for 2 weeks, and the DInc will only connect to my home wifi for 2 days before it just stops at "Obtaining IP Address..." and then won't connect again until I unplug and plug back in my home router.

When I go to work, also WPA2, it will connect everyday. What's different about my home router? Why does the DInc connect for a couple days and then stop? My Droid would always connect.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sounds like your router. Is it a Belkin or a D-Link? And see if you can install a custom OS for your router, dd-wrt is pretty popular. Google dd-wrt, see if your router is compatable via their site!

If dd-wrt isn't in your future, I would try a different encryption. WPA2 is kinda shrewish on my router, I use WPA.

OP
I

ickselglic

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It does seem to be specific to my router. But my Droid never had any issues. Does the incredible handle WiFi differently?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know that much about Routers, but I had a Linksys Wireless N router that my Storm, D1, and D2 all had issues staying connected to. The thing up and died last week so I replaced it with a Belkin and now everything works fine. And if I power it off for a couple of seconds my TiVo's don't have to be reconnected to the network with a new ip address.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So what kind of router do you have?

The Droid Incredible's wifi isn't handled differently than anything else though.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
There's your problem lol

I had a D-link, and no matter what I did, factory resets, unsecuring the network, anything I could do in settings wouldn't work.

Nothing at all would connect... Except for this laptop, but you get my point.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
can you chose a Wireless Channel on the router..

I had issues yesterday with my router and my PCs... Tons of packet loss and latency.. then I switched to channel 11 and my problems went away...