Wifi not remembering locations

parkschr

Reaction score
When I come home from work, the turbo does not connect to wifi. I have to physically turn on the wifi and then it connects automatically. Any ideas as to why it's not remembering to turn itself on?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
When I come home from work, the turbo does not connect to wifi. I have to physically turn on the wifi and then it connects automatically. Any ideas as to why it's not remembering to turn itself on?
Wi-Fi does not automatically turn itself on. There are some apps available on the play store that use location identifiers to turn Wi-Fi on and off when arriving or having left known active hot spots.

One is Wi-Fi Matic - Auto WiFi On Off - Android Apps on Google Play and the other is WiFi Automatic WiFi Auto-Off - Android Apps on Google Play these are the two most well known and I've used them both with success.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There may be a setting on your phone that automatically turns WIFI on when detected. Check it out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There may be a setting on your phone that automatically turns WIFI on when detected. Check it out.
Jeffrey, I had that phone... No auto Wi-Fi. Verizon had their own version of an auto Wi-Fi tool for a short while but the scraped it. If you leave it on, it will auto connect but to have it come on automatically requires either an app like the ones I mentioned or a custom ROM.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There ya go. VZW making things better...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vzw.wificonnect

That's the app but I think KitKat broke it, or maybe it was ICS. No, apparently it was Jellybean that did it in.

Hmmmm. I just installed it, turned off Wi-Fi, set it up, created my profile, and it turned on Wi-Fi! Maybe it's no longer broken!

Have to give it a run for the money now.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You might also look into nfc tags. They've been out for awhile, they're inexpensive and come in handy for situations like this. I'm surprised more people don't use them.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You might also look into nfc tags. They've been out for awhile, they're inexpensive and come in handy for situations like this. I'm surprised more people don't use them.

S5 tap'n
I'm really interested in that. I'll have to do some research.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
They were really popular with many of our S3 users, but talk about them kinda died out. It's a great option if you're looking to automatically turn on/off your WiFi, Bluetooth device, speakers etc without touching a thing. Kind of a set it and forget type setup.

S5 tap'n

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I use an NFC tag in my car to run a series of tasks for my commute: turn my ringer and media volume all the way up, launch Waze, turn on Bluetooth, etc.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, for everyone's benefit, I've confirmed that the Verizon WiFi Auto-On utility tool (which stopped working with Ice Cream Sandwich, I believe), now works with my Droid Turbo on KitKat.

Last edited:
OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score
Hey foxcat. That link does not work. Do you have another way to give us the link?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The link works for me, I just tried it. If it doesn't work for you it may be that it's simply not compatible with your device.

64de0e87e697a86685fb820f7e9d3503.jpg

Try again, or try this link instead...

https://community.verizonwireless.c...-content?content=/api/core/v3/contents/340955

On that page is the link I posted above. Maybe it will work for you from that page instead.

Here's another one too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vzw.wificonnect