WiFi kicking me off!

staceybassoon

Reaction score
So I noticed sometime last week when I was out of town, my WiFi starting kicking me off sometime in the middle of the night. I know it's after 1 am cause I'm usually on my phone until about then every night. It's now off every morning when I get up. It almost feels like a ploy from Verizon to make sure all the data backups my phone does every night gets done on the network instead of wireless! Has anybody heard anything about this? I reset my phone (not factory) since I came back home but that made no difference. I really don't want to factory reset again like I did during the whole ICS updates... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Under wifi advanced setting, what do you have the wifi sleep set to?

OP
staceybassoon

staceybassoon

Reaction score
I have not found an advanced setting... Where would I find that?

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Go to settings, wifi, then when in wifi hit the menu button and select advanced.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Go to settings, wifi, then when in wifi hit the menu button and select advanced. Change keep wifi on during sleep to always and see if that fixes the problem.

OP
staceybassoon

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Ok, got it. Don't know how I missed that menu. Either way, it was set to always already. I changed it and changed it back so I'm hoping that might trigger something...

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Sorry, I swore that default was set to never. I had similar past issues and found mine was set to never.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Since ICS, the Rezound has a "power save" mode that kicks in around midnight-2am and off around 5-7am (seems to vary somewhat) that does disconnect the WiFi and go back to mobile data... I have seen this on several Rez's and it's been mentioned here and there in the various forums. It is somewhat inconsistent though, not every Rez seems to do it, so it might be remnants of a setting in GB that didn't convert properly to ICS. Doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the settings. :/

OP
staceybassoon

staceybassoon

Reaction score
I thought something like that might be the case. Thank you both for your input.