Wi-Fi problem

Praisedroid

Reaction score
My driod keeps dropping my wifi. the phone is 2 feet from the router and every time i turn it on (when the screen shuts off to save power), its in 3g then a few seconds later it kicks in the wifi. Is this normal? Last night it seem to keep the wifi on all night.

OP
P

Praisedroid

Reaction score
3g kicks back in. i tried to reset the phone and such. my router works fine, got 1 pc on the wifi also.

samiusmc

Reaction score
It's normal. Mine does the same thing. I guess it's to save power.

izu516

Reaction score
If you want it to maintain a Wi-fi connection:

Go to the Settings app, touch 'Wireless Controls', then 'Wi-fi Settings', then touch the MENU key on your Droid, then touch 'Advanced' on the menu, then touch 'Wi-fi sleep policy', then touch 'Never'. You could also use 'Never when plugged in' to save battery when away from a charger.

TheMiz

Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple years old but I need help
I am planning a trip overseas and I have a Mobal Sim and a HTC MY TOUCH 3G FENDER LTD. I won the phone at the Crossroads concert
I got an unlock code and entered the info but when I get to log into my google account it says it doesn't find a network so I figured I could go WiFi but
I can't get past the Log On Screen
Any help ?

Thanks in advance

TheMiz

If you want it to maintain a Wi-fi connection:

Go to the Settings app, touch 'Wireless Controls', then 'Wi-fi Settings', then touch the MENU key on your Droid, then touch 'Advanced' on the menu, then touch 'Wi-fi sleep policy', then touch 'Never'. You could also use 'Never when plugged in' to save battery when away from a charger.

TheMiz

Reaction score
Does it matter at all if the My Touch was never activated ? is this why I can't get a network to log on to Google ?

TheMiz

Reaction score
Does it matter at all if the My Touch was never activated ? is this why I can't get a network to log on to Google ?

If anyone really cared or wondered what the solution is , the sim card company sent me instructions on what to add to the APN, that problem solved.