Wifi issues with Rubix

aervine

Reaction score
Hello all, I've had rubix focused for a while and just upgraded to 1.9.7 and with both of them my wifi has never worked. It sees the networks, but when it tries to obtain ip address it kinda just stops there and then re scans and just keeps trying over and over. I tried searching but kinda hard to pick through everything else and find anyone else with this issue so and help would be greatly appreciated.

jcutter347

Reaction score
WiFi troubles

Try downloading WiFi manager from the market. It is free. I have had similar problems as well, but I have had them with Liberty 1.0 and Fission 2.5.7. I don't think it is actually the roms though. WiFi manager lets you manually choose the network. This is the most reliable way I have found. Once it finds the connection the first time, I haven't had trouble after that. I hope this is of some help.

OP
A

aervine

Reaction score
Unfortunately that hasn't cured my issues.

Reaction score
do you have y5 installed?
that sometimes messes with connecting to wireless networks for the first time...

are you having the issue with all wifi networks or just one in particular?

OP
A

aervine

Reaction score
I don't think I have y5 and it happens to all networks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Can you try stock to rule out a hardware issue?
Wifi has always worked fine for me....

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using Tapatalk

OP
A

aervine

Reaction score
It worked when I was on stock

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

victurbo

Reaction score
Have the exact same issue with my work router where I use a static IP. No problems on the home router where I use DHCP.

Didn't have same issues with stock.

Last edited:
OP
A

aervine

Reaction score
I haven't tried messing with my router yet, if I have time to tomorrow morning I'm gonna see if I can fix the issue, any other tips or ideas are appreciated

jcutter347

Reaction score
WiFi troubles

Another thing I did was I went into the phone settings and chose to forget my wifi network. When I re-entered the WEP, it was able to recognize it. I'm sure you have tried a lot of things, so if this is something you have already tried I am sorry for wasting your time.

djdubd

Reaction score
I am experiencing wifi issues as well, noticed it at work earlier and now at home. I installed 1.9.7 at work earlier and as soon as I did so I wasn't able to do anything via wifi. It connected just fine and I thought everything was kosher until I had someone call me and say they had sent me five messages (google voice) without a reply.

Came home and same thing, I tried telling it to forget the network and then reconnect, no dice. It looks as if it is connected just fine but no actual connectivity if you catch my drift.

Don't know what else to try from here.

djdubd

Reaction score
I figured it out, I had setup a static IP before so that I could bypass our filter at work. Even though I only use this Static IP occasionally it for some reason had gotten flipped back on after installing 1.9.7.

You can find the Static IP setting inside the advanced settings in wifi. Another idea to try for those still having issues.