Froyo Wifi doesn't work -- installed new kernels

versusxiii

Reaction score
I'm running P3Droid's 1.1 GHZ kernel on the newest release of Froyo, however I haven't been able to hook up to any wifi network at ALL since I installed the original Saturday leak. Anyone have any info? It scans, tries to connect, disconnects, and then ends. I've tried multiple networks, with and without security, the furthest it has reached is "Obtaining an IP address." Then it fails.

puma1824

Reaction score
I'm running P3Droid's 1.1 GHZ kernel on the newest release of Froyo, however I haven't been able to hook up to any wifi network at ALL since I installed the original Saturday leak. Anyone have any info? It scans, tries to connect, disconnects, and then ends. I've tried multiple networks, with and without security, the furthest it has reached is "Obtaining an IP address." Then it fails.

I have the same exact issue. Did you or anyone else find a fix.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

mjh68

Reaction score

Help.

Thanks in advance.

Is your rom themed ? Seems like themeing is breaking wifi for alot of people .. me included. The original 1st leak with P3's kernels my wifi works perfectly and so does 2nd version, but any modifying or themeing seems to break wifi for some reason.

puma1824

Reaction score

Help.

Thanks in advance.

Is your rom themed ? Seems like themeing is breaking wifi for alot of people .. me included. The original 1st leak with P3's kernels my wifi works perfectly and so does 2nd version, but any modifying or themeing seems to break wifi for some reason.

Yes it is. I'm going to wipe and reinstall without a theme and see how it works next time I'm by a WAP.

Thanks.

Reaction score
my wifi connects but nothing transfers. i tried wiping data/ cache and cache and leaving out a theme but my wifi is still not working. i just flashed back to my cyanogenmod rom and tried to turn on my wifi to see if it was froyo and it wont work on cyanogenmod either it seems like my wifi is completely busted. does anyone know how to fix this?

Mojo

Reaction score
Anyone figure out a solution for this? I am running the leaked version of froyo (not a custom rom version) with p3droids 800mhz kernal. No theme or anything. But if I try to connect to wifi it says its connecting then drops it. And wifi tether will connect, but will not allow my laptop to connect to the internet. any help would be appreciated! thanks

MoJo

robbo323

Reaction score
Having same issue. Strange thing is, I can get it to work for a day or so then lose it again. Short term fix has been to adjust security settings on my router. Downgraded security to WPA-PSK [TKIP] and it worked fine. Strong signal too. Then problem back after about 24 hours. Fiddled with security settings again, ultimately setting back to WPA-PSK [TKIP] and worked again for about a day. Today its gone again. Only thing I did today was reset the kids' Wii wireless connection to correspond to the lower security setting. Could this be causing the problem? Anyone aware of some sort of conflict with other wireless devices like this?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you guys tried a different build? There were a few leaks this week. I currently am running Simply Stunning 4.0 (froyo) no issues with 3g or wifi. My wifi would randomly drop on some other versions. Never could not connect though. Team Chaos has one that seems to work well from what I hear as well.

Jason

OP
versusxiii

versusxiii

Reaction score
Yeah, I installed SS 4.0 yesterday and still nothing. :(

Edit: Also tried installing Chevy's kernels, and using Pete's Baseband Updater. None of it helped.

Edit 2: Froyo + wifi and my phone must NOT get along. I just went back to a 2.1 ROM to see if wifi worked -- it did. I put Froyo back on, and no luck. :(

Edit 3: All right. So, when I put 2.2 back on, wifi initially didn't work. I then made the phone forget all of my networks, put my password back in, and then I connected just fine. Put my phone in to airplane mode and then turned on wireless to make sure it REALLY was working. Anyone in my situation give what I just did a shot and see how it works. All I really did was go back to 2.1, connected to the wireless, reinstalled 2.2 fresh (wiping data/cache every install).

Edit 4: I was able to restore to my SS 4.0 backup, and wifi now works on it!

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sweet....glad you got it working. There's going to be little issues with these leaks. Just like 2.1. The final release was much better than any leaks. So 2.2 will be very good when finally released.

Jason

gatewayad

Reaction score
I had high hopes for this fix .... dam still not working for me. I have tried all the 125 and 250 kernels also. Anybody have any other suggestions

Yeah, I installed SS 4.0 yesterday and still nothing. :(

Edit: Also tried installing Chevy's kernels, and using Pete's Baseband Updater. None of it helped.

Edit 2: Froyo + wifi and my phone must NOT get along. I just went back to a 2.1 ROM to see if wifi worked -- it did. I put Froyo back on, and no luck. :(

Edit 3: All right. So, when I put 2.2 back on, wifi initially didn't work. I then made the phone forget all of my networks, put my password back in, and then I connected just fine. Put my phone in to airplane mode and then turned on wireless to make sure it REALLY was working. Anyone in my situation give what I just did a shot and see how it works. All I really did was go back to 2.1, connected to the wireless, reinstalled 2.2 fresh (wiping data/cache every install).

Edit 4: I was able to restore to my SS 4.0 backup, and wifi now works on it!