Wifi issue

Sub~Zero

Reaction score
For some reason I can't connect to my wifi at home on my Droid. Wen i attemp to connect to Linksys, it first says authenticating... then it says disabled. I have a Linksys secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.
Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dannyro

Reaction score
I have newly set up wifi in my house, and while it connects to my droid x fine and is fast, alot of times I lose the connection after some use...say updating 4 apps, then it shows I am connected but im not. I have to switch wifi off and back on to get the connection back. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Its annoying!

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

modisch

Reaction score
I actually get this problem too, even though I have a strong wifi signal.

Any help would be appreciated.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I have newly set up wifi in my house, and while it connects to my droid x fine and is fast, alot of times I lose the connection after some use...say updating 4 apps, then it shows I am connected but im not. I have to switch wifi off and back on to get the connection back. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Its annoying!

Thanks

The problem is Android has very poor wifi capability. If you want stability, an iphone is the way to go.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

modisch

Reaction score
That doesn't make much sense. Do you have any links about that?

I doubt the problem is Android-specific. Perhaps specific to a specific model of phone considering the variety of hardware used by OEMs. Or perhaps the driver for a specific phone. But there is nothing I have seen that would be consistent with an OS-wide problem with wifi.

I can also attest that out of five androids on the same wifi network, only mine has problems.

I'm inclined to think it is a hardware issue for the Droid X or just some DXs having faulty hardware. I suppose I could see about RMAing my phone.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

dannyro

Reaction score
Does anyone have the same issues with Wifi connectivity? I am only experiencing it on my phone and not my laptop.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you using wpa or wpa2 encryption. I know some devices have issues with wpa2 so if you can change the settings you could try wpa.

dannyro

Reaction score
I am not sure which I am using but I think its wpa2. I am new to the wifi thing so I dont know what the difference is between wpa2 or wpa. Will I be more prone to a breach in my wifi if I switch down to wpa?

dannyro

Reaction score
I can choose either of these: (I am currently using WPA2)

WPA2-PSK [AES] - Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2 with Pre-Shared Key, use WPA2-PSK standard encryption with the AES encryption type

WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] - Allow clients using either WPA-PSK [TKIP] or WPA2-PSK [AES]

Should I choose the second one? (where it says WPA + WPA2) Maybe that will help me connect better?

Thanks for anyone's help in understanding this stuff.

baboon619

Reaction score
I have seen somewhere posted that the DX is better suited with the TKIP. Although using TKIP is less secure. Guess it depends on what you want really.

Also I have the same problems with my DX. My wife has the D2 and although she has the same problem, hers are less frequent.

Sent from my DROIDX

lanza_david

Reaction score
Several times already I have lost wifi connectivity. It is enabled but it does not see any network at all. The times it has happened, I've had been running deprimed. I am not sure if it is this kernel, or the hardware. I solve it by flashing a previous backup that has the stock kernel, and wifi comes back just fine. This makes me think it is not a hardware issue. Before doing this, I re-flashed the 7.0.3 update file, which brought back the stock kernel, but wifi was still bad (I did deprime and reboot before this, which also did not fix wifi, so it is not a voltage issue then?). The only thing that fixes this is flashing a previous backup. I still do not know if this would happen with the stock kernel. I think I am going to have to use if for a few days to see.

Does somebody have any idea on why this is happening? Kernel issue? ROM issue?

Thanks

(OG Droid / CM7)

ducky124

Reaction score
i am suffering from horrendous WiFi speed since installing 7.03

lanza_david

Reaction score
I think my wifi speed has been fine. It's just that it gets Tlingit a point when it just does not see any network

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Artimis

Reaction score
I have noticed some strange behavior with most of the CM7 builds (regardless of kernel).

If I boot the phone and wifi was disabled (i.e. wifi was disabled before a reboot occurred). Enabling Wifi via the power or notifications widget does not work properly.....it will not connect to a network and will not show any surrounding networks (only shows list of networks it remembers).

However, if I use the "Enable Wifi" checkbox in the settings menu then it will work correctly.....from then on, the widgets will work properly.

Now, if I boot my phone with wifi already enabled (i.e. wifi was enabled before a reboot occurred), then I do not have this problem. The widgets work as they should.

I'm not sure if this is your exact same problem but I thought I would mention it and see if it helps.