WIFI/Data issue after using battery saving apps

iamloco724

Reaction score
Since installing apps such deep sleep battery saver and longevity I've had a problem starting everynight at 12am when phone goes into deep
sleep I lose WiFi and data I didn't have this problem prior to trying these apps I uninstalled them before I even noticed the problem tried reinstalling and setting things to disabled and uninstall again.

I have even wiped my phone at this point and I still have the problem..at this point I don't know which app it is i think its deep sleep battery saver since im pretty sure it started right after experimenting with that but I know I didn't have this issue prior it seems to obviously be on a schedule since it starts happening at 12

Another sign would be that it doesn't seem to happen when its on the charger which is another reason that would lead me to believe a battery saving app did something..now the question is how can I fix this especially if wiping didn't even fix it this is very annoying cause I rely on getting instant email notifications at all times and now I don't get them late at night if my phone is sleeping

ive contacted the deep sleep team through this site and contacted longevity as well to see if they have anything else to say..deep sleep was looking into it but im not sure what will come of that

any ideas? even if its a workaround for now..i tried keep wifi on type of apps still didnt work

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've come to learn and experience that alot of these "auto" tasking apps cause more trouble than help. No doubt that they may work for some people, but for my personal use, alot of problems arose and I got rid of any sort of tasking app. Besides, me disabling things manually takes all but 5 seconds thanks to notification widgets.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
i realize now..its not worth chancing..just want a way around this issue or to fix it its annoying

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have "keep wifi on during sleep" checked? You can find this in wifi advanced settings.

OP
I

iamloco724

Reaction score
and again data is also affected by this issue and its only 12am and during the night by the time i wake up i have no issues during the day when the phone wakes from extended sleep

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm...strange. You have any other apps that have an automatic function?