wifi constantly scanning and d/cing

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
Hi guys. So today I decide I wanted to give bb froyo a try and so I installed it from rom manager. I was coming from bb 1.1. So basically my issue is when I have froyo installed, be it the leaked version or bb my wifi goes crazy. It can and does connect but then it just constantly dis and reconnects and scans nonstop. I can't get it to work. I have tried several p3 kernels as well as the defaults. It is very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I am back on bb 1.1 in the meantime and my wifi works fine on it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I would suggest a good old fashioned wipe of data and cache 3x and then a reinstall of BB Froyo first.

OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
I would suggest a good old fashioned wipe of data and cache 3x and then a reinstall of BB Froyo first.

I was going to try that but got kind of confused how to. In clock work recovery when I say install a rom from sd card will it ask me to locate the zip I want or will it need something on the root of the sd card? I appreciate your help.

Darkseider

Reaction score

I was going to try that but got kind of confused how to. In clock work recovery when I say install a rom from sd card will it ask me to locate the zip I want or will it need something on the root of the sd card? I appreciate your help.

Not familiar with clockwork as I still use SPRecovery. Just in case copy the .zip ROM file to the root of the SD card so you know where it is and point it to it.

EDIT: Remember to wipe Data and Cache 3x before re-applying BB Froyo.

OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
I'll flash sp and install it that way. I really appreciate you helping me. I'll see what happens when I install it this way.

OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
Well unfortuately my problem didn't go away. :( I don't know wtf it could be. Wifi works flawlessly in bb 1.1, but in any froyo build it just ceases to work correctly. :( Any other suggestion guys?

Seems like I spoke too soon. I reinstalled it again using sp and cleared the cache 3 times too. Previously I thought the factory reset did both. WOOT I GOT ME OME DELICIOUS FROYO! Thanks for your help Darkseider. I like our similar names :)

Last edited:
OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
Well for some bizzare reason, my wifi works until I try to put a theme or anything on it. Maybe even restarting the power causes it. :( still looking for suggestions.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well for some bizzare reason, my wifi works until I try to put a theme or anything on it. Maybe even restarting the power causes it. :( still looking for suggestions.

Don't put a theme on it? Remember this is an early build of Froyo. Personally I would just get it to the point where you had it working fine and leave it alone. Granted vanilla Android ain't as pretty as themed Android but if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
I'm going to reformat my sd card just incase that helps, which I doubt it will. This is extremely frustrating and it seems like I am the only person to have this issue. I have tried to clear cache and data at least twenty times and once in a while it will let me have a wifi connection but most of the time it just goes crazy and scans, connects, gets ip address, disconnects, and repeats endlessly. I have no idea wtf my phone's problem is.

OP
D

ddarksiderr

Reaction score
I can't test this but maybe the wep on my network is causing the issues? My wifi fails in every single froyo rom bbut works in the 2.1s.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wifi has been sketchy on all froyo builds. Some it works and some it doesn't. My 3g has been a little wonky on some builds so might just have to bare with it till something more solid come out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk