WiFi connects fine, but doesn't work

Swollfin

Reaction score
I am able to connect to my wifi router just fine and obtain and IP address. However, after establishing the connection I cannot access the Android Marketplace, nor is the Slacker Radio App able to work. I can browse just fine, but just no connectivity to marketplace or via apps while Wifi is connected.

Disabling the wifi connection allows everything to work just fine, but would like to be able to use wifi while at home. I've only tested this on my home network. I have no other connectivity issues w/ any other devices on my home network.

Can someone please help? What other information is needed?

Devojr

Reaction score
Have you figured out you problem yet? I'm having the same issue and can't find the answer anywhere.

Varking

Reaction score
Are you turning off your normal network and then accessing your at home wifi, or are you just trying to override the verizon network whenever you are at home near your wifi? Not sure if that makes sense to you but I can probably say it better in a lengthier post.

samredman

Reaction score
I have no trouble with WIFI on a G router. I have two wifi areas, one is and older linksys 802.11b and the other is a new Trendnet 802.11g. No connection on the B, but reliable, excellent connection on the G.

forkup

Reaction score
Where is that setting at? Mine does the same thing, it connects to my wifi router but I can't get on the internet with it enabled. TIA

rockky

Reaction score
Still sitting here at borders on they're wifi and nothing works requiring a network connection

samredman

Reaction score
From the Droid PDF manual:
Quick start: WiFi​

Find it:​
Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings

But that didn't do it for me. I downloaded an app called WiFi ON OFF. It's free. It looks like a little on off switch. Works perfectly to connect me (and disconnect me from 3g).

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell i can't even get mine to keep a signal, every couple of seconds it drops all the wifi from the phone, it's telling me that the wifi about 10 feet is not found 50% of the time, and still cannot connect most of the time, maybe the wifi radio in mine if completely f'd up.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you shouldnt need to turn off the cell radio when using wifi... the 1st time you connect to a wifi router youll need to go into wireless settings and connect that way.

after that all you need to do is have wifi on and when its in range of the network it will automatically connect without you having to make any extra steps. If by chance it dosen't connect automatically all you need to do is turn off and then turn wifi back on.

i use the power widget on one of my screens to make this simple.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you shouldnt need to turn off the cell radio when using wifi... the 1st time you connect to a wifi router youll need to go into wireless settings and connect that way.

after that all you need to do is have wifi on and when its in range of the network it will automatically connect without you having to make any extra steps. If by chance it dosen't connect automatically all you need to do is turn off and then turn wifi back on.

i use the power widget on one of my screens to make this simple.

me too, mine works exactly like this.

lyricaldose

Reaction score
Wifi doesnt work

I've tried that. I can connect but if I need to upload something it keeps saying failed. My connection if good. Idk what's really going on with it and why there isn't good help for this.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I had a similar problem at my office...
there were some differences with my problem but I thought i'd throw this out there..

I downloaded wifi analizer from the market...
It scans all the wifi routers in your area...
turns out I was on the same wifi channel as two hundred other people in my building... and they were stronger than mine...
The wifi analyzer showed me that all these wifi routers are set to channel 6... must be a default on new routers...
It also showed that nobody was using the upper channels 9/10/11 ... so I switched to channel 11 (in the router's settings)
Bamm... done deal works great
Phone problem solved...

My laptop always worked on that router... but then it was always a little slow...? Kinda..? I mean a little slow and quirky... way bad at times and so so at times but mostly reliable... but now?!?! Damn !!! My laptop is smokin fast and never has problems...