Wifi connects at work, but not at home

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Okay so i found this thread [http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/6583-cant-get-wifi-work-home.html]but didnt want to bump it to ask a year old thread a question. My work wifi is unsecured and connects within seconds, but my home one doesnt. It used to be unsecure and it still didnt work. I have wep on it now. I dont understand why it doesnt work, and fiddling with some settings didnt help either. The wireless channel is set to 6, i tried 10 and still nothing. My SSID is broadcasting. I cant think of anything else to say. Any help? Ive never been able to connect to my wifi and it would be great if it could.
It sits at Obtaining IP Address, then it goes back to Remembered.

edit: Also, i downloaded wifi buddy from seeing that on a different forum but it still wouldnt connect.

Its a Microsoft router. And i use my computer to connect wirelessly and it has about 4 bars usually. Ive tried where i am now, and right next to the router. Ive been searching google with no luck.

Also, ive reset router a couple times before and nothing. And i just updated firmware which has never been updated. Rebooting droid for the hell of it.

And nothing.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you have your router set to only recognize by the MAC address of your other devices?

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
do you have your router set to only recognize by the MAC address of your other devices?

uh, i dont think so. in the prefs where it says what devices have connected to the router, it lists the downstairs, my wifi connected computer, and android device. so it seems like its getting to the router, but something is failing.

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Check on the phone under network settings if you have a static ip set for your SSID, happens to me all the time.

howzball

Reaction score
Check on the phone under network settings if you have a static ip set for your SSID, happens to me all the time.

static ip is unchecked. do i want it on or is it supposed to be off?

More than likely it should be OFF but, make sure your router is set to assign IP addresses.
You're going to look for something regarding DHCP and it should be Auto on the router.

If DHCP is off then you'll likely need to set your IP address for your phone up manually. This is when you'd want that box to be checked and you'd assign your phone an IP address from your network.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score

static ip is unchecked. do i want it on or is it supposed to be off?

More than likely it should be OFF but, make sure your router is set to assign IP addresses.
You're going to look for something regarding DHCP and it should be Auto on the router.

If DHCP is off then you'll likely need to set your IP address for your phone up manually. This is when you'd want that box to be checked and you'd assign your phone an IP address from your network.

didnt think of that. i will check that now. thanks.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
everything seems to be in order.

65qwqt.png

Last edited:
OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
changed kernel also. still nothing. going to try the last kernel now.