Wifi

vandyike

Reaction score
Have had problems connecting to "free" sites. Connects fine to home network. Have tried 2 Starbucks,2 airports and a hotel. All showed a connection but could not access the internet although I believe I was able once to get email. All connections showed "good". Worke with verizon from the hotel but accomplished zilch before leaving for the airport and the Turks&Caicos where there is no Verizon service.Which was why I really wanted wifi as the resort has wifi. Really ticked off. But guess what-wifi works just great with a weaker signal. Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe it's just the 80 degree weather. Anyone else have this problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was to wander into a Starbucks or anywhere that had wifi I have to admit I wouldn't even know how to set my Droid up to look for the signal.

So I'm curious, what did you do to look for your wifi signal? Obviously it's free so I don't think it's protected. How did you go about it?

MarkB

Reaction score
@hookbill

Go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi Settings and enable Network notification. You'll get a notification in your taskbar whenever an open (unencrypted) wireless network is detected. Tapping the notification will allow you to connect to the network.