Wifi connection tohome secure network

slokom

Reaction score
WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO MY OWN HOME SECURE WEP NETWORK? when my network was open I had no problem.. then I learned I was supplying the whole hood with internet.. so, I secured it. My phone finds my ssid I type in my password and nothing. The "Connect" button never highlights.. all o can do is cancel.. help me.. this is a ridiculous problem..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Caren4u2

Reaction score
What phone do you have? I had somewhat of a similar issue. Do you know if your ph has problems accessing wifi anywhere else?

I discovered a while back after process of elimination and what seemed like a 100 troubleshooting phone calls I learned on this forum that some phones don't like high security settings to access internet. Tech Support of my wireless router had me to log into my IP address and take a look around. I was told that the phone was blocking the signal on accessing internet on the phone.

Once I reconfigured my security settings on the router.....to medium security.....wifi works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

slokom

Reaction score
Droid 2 global.. well.. I don't want to change my router settings. I need a good secure network.. too many people could access my network.. my phone worked fine until I changed my router to WEP secured

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I was able to change the router to a medium security....but still require a password to get in. I just created a password difficult to crack.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

slokom

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I will try that.. I didn't see a medium setting in my linksys router.. ill look into that thanks