Widget Issues

Reaction score
Recently I've been having some issues with some of my widgets loading up after I reboot or turn my phone on. I've mostly had issues with Audiomanager, Beautiful Widgets, and System Info Widget. Whenever i turn my phone on, they just show up as "Problem loading widget". The weird thing is that when I long press on the home screen and go into widgets, I can't find them in the list. I know their installed because I can find them under manage applications and in the market it only gives me an option to uninstall.

Randomly, AudioManager started working like normal and would reload on the screen after I reboot. I'm thinking this is because its located on my phone and not on my SD card (unlike the other widgets that don't work). But when I try to move the widgets that don't work from my SD card to my phone, the widgets says "problem loading widget" and I can't find it in the list of widgets.

I assume its an issue with apps2sd but I'm not totally sure. Has anyone else had this problem?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using Droid froyo? Alot of devs havent updated their apps/widgets to froyo yet and you have to make sure its designed for the android version. and if your not using froyo then maybe the programs being prohibited from starting. (are you using startup auditor or something?) maybe somekind of startup taskiller is killing the program right away. can you tell me your Version of Android and if your using a rom? (which rom specifically)

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm using BB 0.4 and 928Droid's Black Glass theme.

Wouldn't Beautiful Widgets be compatible with froyo? I know a lot of people use it but I haven't heard anything about it not working.