Silence widets + 2.2 = issues

ohioDroid

Reaction score
There's a thread I started before about an issue about switching between Ring, Vibrate, and Silent modes in 2.2 Froyo.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...o-more-separate-silent-mode-vibrate-mode.html

I figure this isn't going to change to a way I like, so I downloaded a widget from the market that can switch between these modes. It works well. Until I reboot.

After a reboot, the widget will appear (in LauncherPro, at least) as a gray box that says There Was a Problem Loading this widget. If I go to re-add the widget, it no longer appears on the list of Widgets.

I've tried this with three different widgets (Ringer Toggle Widget, Silent Toggle Widget, SilentMode OnOff) and have the same issue. The only way to get the widget to reappear is to uninstall and reinstall the APK, which then puts it on the list.

So I thought I found a solution to the ring/vibrate/silent mode issue in 2.2, but it appears it's not quite so easy. Suggestions? Comments? Funny jokes?

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Figured out the problem. I had set up App2SD and the widgets were being installed on the SD Card automatically.

Moved them to the phone and everything works fine.