Why when you take video using droid in Vertical position

Reaction score
Why when you take video using droid in Vertical position it doest take the video in the vertical it takes the video in horizontal position then when you play it back it looks terrible because the orientation doesnt turn :(

anyway to rotate after the fact?

thanks

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I noticed that too.... got soo mad when I seen my bfs iphone toggle between portrait and landscape view on his videos he recorded in whatever orientation he recorded them in.... hope its something they fix or an app to do it...

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.. Mine seems to work fine. If I record in vertical, it replays in vertical. If I record horizontal, it replays in horizontal.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
if you record in landscape you can only see your video in landscape can't see it in portrait orientation. If you record it in portrait you can't see it in landscape it right it comes out sideways because it was recorded in portrait. The video camera is set specifically for landscape.

OP
S
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.. Mine seems to work fine. If I record in vertical, it replays in vertical. If I record horizontal, it replays in horizontal.

How? I would love that. For me if I record in vertical when I replay it plays horizontal and looks like crap.

if you record in landscape you can only see your video in landscape can't see it in portrait orientation. If you record it in portrait you can't see it in landscape it right it comes out sideways because it was recorded in portrait. The video camera is set specifically for landscape.

correct this is how it is for me :(

OP
S
Reaction score
DUH on me! When transfer to the PC (i left that part out). did you drop and drag to the pc?

Playback there you will see what I mean!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to revive this for possible more input. I'm noticing that I want to record in landscape orientation but when the video uploads to youtube or Qik, the video is sideways. With TV and video players on computers defaulting to landscape position, it seems to makes more sense to record and playback that way.

Anyone have a work around or better yet a fix?