why isnt there a classifieds section?

justatest

Reaction score
just wondering. that & i upgraded to a droid x & would like to sell my droid 1 :) but why isnt there a classifieds section? any other specific forum (cars, r/c, etc) has a classified section to sell their old stuff that might be related to the forum. i think it might be beneficial to the members here.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome sorry no classifieds. Sure you dont want to keep that D1 for a testing device? Maybe you could design software for it or something? Lots you can do with a D1. Anyways dive on in and feel free to ask questions. Enjoy the stay with us

zero7404

Reaction score
i've seen classified in other forums. little bit riskier than something like ebay, but modern forums still support feedback systems .... better way to buy/sell stuff than handing royalty over to ebay on a sale

i'm sure this forum is equipped to support a buy/sell section, but not sure if admins want to create the sub-forum and administer it ...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wondering. that & i upgraded to a droid x & would like to sell my droid 1 :) but why isnt there a classifieds section? any other specific forum (cars, r/c, etc) has a classified section to sell their old stuff that might be related to the forum. i think it might be beneficial to the members here.

You might think it would be beneficial, but that's because you don't get the whole picture.

We have a Guideline of Conduct. The link to it is in my signature and I think it would be a good idea for you to read it.

From the guidelines:

13. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Offering Items or Services to Trade, are not allowed. Anyone trying to use DroidForums.net to advertise any item for sale will be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts will be deleted. DroidForums is not Ebay or Craigslist.

Now to explain that further if you were working as a moderator on this Forum and saw how many people attempt to sell or end up buying phones from mostly Craig's List that have bad ESN's, you'd see that we would have no way of telling what a good phone is from a bad phone. We don't want to get into that, it would be impossible to moderate at the level that our members expect from our forum. If you bought a bad phone and you got it from somebody selling on our site, you'd feel pretty negative about us. And usually that tends to get virile when something like that happens.

I hope that answers your question.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@hook: 10-4 on that. Also good point bc the community would get a bad rep if a bad phone was bought from here. Wouldnt it really be best to go to ebay, amazon, or craigslist and try to find a phone in your specific area? More people prolly troll those sites looking to buy than they would here even tho there are plenty of developers looking to buy a D1 for the fact of how open it is to development. Dont think you will have a problem selling it there justatest. Just make sure you get word out its for sale

Takami826

Reaction score
...Sure you dont want to keep that D1 for a testing device? Maybe you could design software for it or something? Lots you can do with a D1...

I have a D1 that I'm no longer using as well. I'm not terribly programmer type savvy however I like to putz with things... I'm using a DInc now, and my "big step" was putting my D1's 16gb microSD card into the DInc LOL other than that, what can do with this lovely piece of leftover?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
thank u hook I was gonna add to it but u said it right
check our sister forum

Android.net

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
oh and congrats BNB on ur 10k + post!!! awesome! ill catch up in about a year from now LOL

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
OP
justatest

justatest

Reaction score

You might think it would be beneficial, but that's because you don't get the whole picture.

We have a Guideline of Conduct. The link to it is in my signature and I think it would be a good idea for you to read it.

From the guidelines:

13. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Offering Items or Services to Trade, are not allowed. Anyone trying to use DroidForums.net to advertise any item for sale will be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts will be deleted. DroidForums is not Ebay or Craigslist.

Now to explain that further if you were working as a moderator on this Forum and saw how many people attempt to sell or end up buying phones from mostly Craig's List that have bad ESN's, you'd see that we would have no way of telling what a good phone is from a bad phone. We don't want to get into that, it would be impossible to moderate at the level that our members expect from our forum. If you bought a bad phone and you got it from somebody selling on our site, you'd feel pretty negative about us. And usually that tends to get virile when something like that happens.

I hope that answers your question.

your right i didnt get the whole picture, hence the thread. i did look around the stickys but didnt look in the "guidlines of conduct" because i would never have thought they were related. i really appreciate your response & i understand your point of view. thanks for everyones replies & links