Why is rubix worth the download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBoxOfBombs

Reaction score
I just came from Darkslide to Runic and I am unimpressed. I thought there would be at least a couple of features that could hold a candle to DS but not. Probably going to try liberty later today.

Sent from my DROIDX using rubix cube.

wmedina1991

Reaction score
What's runic?

And drods rubix is more about stability and speed. All his work is under hood. And that's why its best.
Best in class stability. Best speed. And best batt life. Its not a gimicky rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
if you are unimpressed coming from darkslide than you should most certainly switch back to your preferred rom. This rom would be wasted on you. But, thanks for trolling.

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
Honestly, Rubix Focused 2.0 is an amazing piece of work. I came from DS v.4.2 and loved it but I wanted to see what else was out there. Tried Liberty v.1.5 and fell in love w/ the customizing, speed and stability to make it all work. But RF 2.0 edges them both out with stability and speed. Im still testing the battery life so I can't comment on that. You really should do yourself a favor and flash it again and give it time to settle on your phone. Also, find out what features work for you before downloading.

jcoiont

Reaction score
Hey man I also came from darkslide 4.2 but im totally loving rubix. It seems to me that it is a faster and smoother experience all around. But I miss the hell out of the darkslide keyboard. Both are great roms though and I thoroughly appreciate the work put into them both. I can definitely see myself switching between the two every so often.

Please try to see that the creators of all the roms put in tons of work. And every one I've flashed has had great features but of course it comes to opinion.

In final closing please do not start a thread saying that you wasted your time downloading a rom. Which most likely took all of ten minutes. And ask yourself why it is that these creators keep making roms instead of saying, why do I waste my time making roms when people are so ungrateful.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
question.... Why is rubix worth the download?

answer.... Cause someone worked hard and made a GREAT ROM and is sharing it for free to all of us.

question..... why do we even answer these questions?

OP
L

LittleBoxOfBombs

Reaction score
Is it everyone's goal to point out that I'm calling out a DEV or being rude? I literally wanted opinion. I'm sorry I wasted your time with this post but I messed up my phone because of Rubix and how unfarmiliar I am with it. My drives aren't up to date and I'm not getting the right mirror to flash now. This took all of 10 hours to mess it up. Yes it's my fault but I'm new to this and mercy would be appreciated. Sorry for "trolling" I didn't know that was the word for wanting "feedback".

swagmonster

Reaction score
Dude don't take it personally, the problem with internet forums and texting is that 90% of your conversation is told in body language and tone of voice, both of those are non existent in forums and txts, they probably just misread the op. (Said in a calm collected voice lol)
Is it everyone's goal to point out that I'm calling out a DEV or being rude? I literally wanted opinion. I'm sorry I wasted your time with this post but I messed up my phone because of Rubix and how unfarmiliar I am with it. My drives aren't up to date and I'm not getting the right mirror to flash now. This took all of 10 hours to mess it up. Yes it's my fault but I'm new to this and mercy would be appreciated. Sorry for "trolling" I didn't know that was the word for wanting "feedback".

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
+1

Conveying your intended emotions through pure text is next to impossible.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Rubix is soooooo much more stable than pretty much any custom rom out there. Combine that with the fact that its basicly streamlined to be as fast as possible and you end up with an amazing rom. If/when i get to work on rebuilding roms for d2g im deffinately going to port it over if i get permission to.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Rubix is GummyJAR with clever system tweaks implemented by Drod; sysctl.config edits, in built cpu governors, I think a few build.prop edits (I may have made them myself... I forget). The point is, Rubix is optimized GummyJAR, and in the world of blurrless ROMs, GummyJAR is king (well... fission is up there too). Comparing it to DS is kinda hard because DS is blurry, even their "Blurrless DS" has blurr framework.... so if you like blurry ROMs, an optimized blurrless ROM is probably not for you. I like Drods work because he focuses on system performance and stability, those are the things I look for in a dev... I'm not as interested in toolboxes and themed elements. I know alot of people like DS simply for the theme... I personally don't care for it, but I know that I am out numbered in that opinion. Test out all the ROMs and decide what you like for yourself... they all bring something a little different to the table. For me though... after ALOT of testing and ROM switching, my personal favorites are Rubix Focused and New Blurr 3.4.2 TBH leak

Hope that helps. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

jacko1

Reaction score
I've been on ds on apex and lexington there all great roms if you like blur go with apex cause of the toolbox if you want blurless you can't go wrong with this rom after getting this and install the multi touch keyboard from darkslide its great
I do miss the blur dialer but dialer one fixes that

jcoiont

Reaction score
Great to know! And it should definitely work with 2.01 as well since there were no major mods.

And to the op. I apologize I just took the op as an insult rather than a question. I tried to provide some opinion in my post as well however and hope I didn't offend.

I miss the hell out of the darkslide keyboard.

You can download the darkslide keyboard from the extras folder on his page and install it on rubix. I used the DS keyboard on 1.9.7.

OP
L

LittleBoxOfBombs

Reaction score
Thank you for being patient with me and understanding all I wanted. I'll delete this thread, but I'm stuck at the Motorola boot logo now and am in need of assistance. The battery is also dead and I cannot boot into recovery. I left it plugged into a wall charger all night on the M screen and it still did not charge. The green led light comes on when I plug into a computer but I don't think it's charging. So am I 100%bricked and not fixable? and is there anyway to get the root off of my phone in this current state that way I can still use my warranty to get a new one? I know this isn't the place for it but I WILL delete this thread/post. I just need advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.