Why I returned my Ipad and why Android tablets might fail

patfactorx

Reaction score
Its been said before but isn't a tablet like a netbook without a keyboard that can't video out and a phone that can't make phone calls? Also most of these tablets have half the resolution and viewing angle of my laptop.

I just couldn't find a use case for my Ipad and I don't see Android tablets gaining mass adoption unless the price gets under $200 for a nicely built tablet with nice resolution. If it gets around Ipod touch prices then people will treat it like a mp3 player.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Well, since the iPad was released it's sold millions......obviously a lot of people feel differently....there is quite a use for them. And sales for the galaxy tab have been good also.

I think tablet sales will continue to rise and laptop sales will go down....

bodean

Reaction score
Those who do their homework prior to making purchases, don't run into issues like this.

cpjr

Reaction score
I have a 13in MacBook pro and an iPad.

I use the ipad 99% of the time and only pickup the MacBook for tasks that require a USB connection or DVD rom, etc.

mcadam

Reaction score

I use the ipad 99% of the time and only pickup the MacBook for tasks that require a USB connection or DVD rom, etc.

This. Laptop for USB and Flash. That's it.

iPad does everything else well.

steven.rn

Reaction score
The direction of the overall evolution is clear- the devices will grow ever faster, ever easier to carry, more and more cloud connected... like someday it'll be a sheet of paper you unfold and then it stiffens flat, etc... way, way down the road it will all be bio implants that give you a virtual field of vision I spose, connected to the net transponder implants... this is gonna be one wild ride.

Oh... s'cuse me, my ADD kicked in ;-)

steven.rn

Reaction score

This. Laptop for USB and Flash. That's it.

iPad does everything else well.

I'm sure it does but I won't buy one til it has a usb, a front facing camera,
and let's see... oh, yah, an android OS :rockon:

(just kidding... no apple hater here.. nothing to see folks... move along :))

Big Ry

Reaction score
Until tablets come with functions that laptops have like DVD/BD drive, USB, broad software support, I don't see much use for them outside of a toy. I'd love to have a tablet that I could run autoCAD or photoshop or something else like that on it :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I personally stick with laptop...why, because its not like tablets have the ability to install software I consider useful in my career. I am a graphics designer and video editor..I see tablets as play toys

Sent from my DROID2

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Until tablets come with functions that laptops have like DVD/BD drive, USB, broad software support, I don't see much use for them outside of a toy. I'd love to have a tablet that I could run autoCAD or photoshop or something else like that on it :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I think that might be too much of a drain on resources like the battery. Sure you can plug up the tablet, but you might as well be using a netbook or laptop if that's the case. :)

xojunexobugxo

Reaction score
My husband got an ipad for Christmas. He's attached and it's useful for him at work. Me on the other hand, I only use it for a quick internet search, quick facebook check, and an app now and then.

We had a sonic view g tablet and returned it. Very unimpressed.

I'd rather use my netbook over the ipad for long periods of time, or desktop. I only see buying another tablet when it's more capable of what my netbook/laptop/pc can do, which I don't see coming anytime soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

veeedubn

Reaction score
I bought an ipad thinking I would use it more than I did, I took mine back. Its deff not for everyone but tons of people like it and have a million uses for it.

pugger

Reaction score
I bought a ipad and returned it also. I have a 13 inch macbook and once I started using the ipad I couldn't put it down. Problem was I couldn't justify having a $1000 laptop sitting around collecting dust. If I could sell my macbook I may get a ipad 2.