Why Does The Note 8 Have A Smaller Battery?

I get that there is more than battery size in the overall equation. But I'm left wondering what wizardry Samsung is doing software wise in the Note 8 that they aren't doing in the S8+ to compensate for the larger screen and smaller battery.

they are using a smaller battery because of the physical size. gotta make room for the dual camera :) at least that is what some tech sites are saying.

It's the 835 baby. This thing sips battery. It's incredible. It really is. Bonus: it doesn't get hot. Ever.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Really? Not getting hot will be a first for Samsung lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

As long as it doesn't get as hot as some of the Note 7's

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's a first for Moto, too.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
it's the processor. 821 was one of the worst processors ever released, running hot in ALL devices. i've had moto phones for a long time and they're a lot cooler then samsung or lg. my current z play doesn't get hot no matter what i do. i can play 3d games and charge it at same time and it gets warm, but never to point where it's uncomfortable to hold to the face like samsung and lg phones, those two companies are the worst when it comes to heat dissipation.

Not sure how the N5 compares to Moto but I've never had my N5 get hot. My Razr Maxx did frequently.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not sure how the N5 compares to Moto but I've never had my N5 get hot. My Razr Maxx did frequently.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

my note 5 got so hot a couple of days after the nougat update that it froze in the middle of startup while sitting on a wireless charger. I was afraid I was going to be forced to get a new upgrade early. fortunately after around 15 frustrating minutes was able to get it to boot and no heat issues since.

Is S8 cool too? From the Note 3 generation to the Note 4 and even the Note 5 all Samsung sets have been so hot. Even my Oneplus 3 is a hot babe too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

And yet my umi digi running a mediatek chip has a 4000maH battery. It doesn't get super hot either.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

Back