Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Codenamed "Great"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Now that the Galaxy S8 and S8+ production is in full swing Samsung is already moving on to planning the next iteration of the Note series which they are apparently code naming "Great". This could signify that they intend to fully make up for the disastrous Note 7 with a truly revolutionary Note 8. We expect an all new design, possibly an embedded finger print scanner in the display, better ergonomics with the proper space for a large battery, possible dual lens camera, and more. The company may also begin selling refurbished versions of the Note 7, but with a smaller battery in South Korea.

via SamMobile

kjumper187

Reaction score
I sure hope so. I loved my Note 7, and my 2nd Note 7. SGS7 Egde is nice and a close 2nd, but damn was the Note 7 nice. Here's hoping the Note 8 is the next "GREAT" phone...

shockracer

Reaction score
I sure hope so. I loved my Note 7, and my 2nd Note 7. SGS7 Egde is nice and a close 2nd, but damn was the Note 7 nice. Here's hoping the Note 8 is the next "GREAT" phone...

Same here, S7 Edge is a bit disappointing coming from the Note 7. I sure hope the Note 8 knocks it out of the field!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Same here, S7 Edge is a bit disappointing coming from the Note 7. I sure hope the Note 8 knocks it out of the field!
I'm counting on it, shockracer! Can't wait and it will be perfect timing for me to get a new phone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Donald Trump came up with the codename lol. Instant fail. Still gonna get it, though.
Nah. Had they stated it was going to be a "youge" success I'd agree.
I wonder what they're really going to name it because the original Note8 is an 8" tablet they sold a few years back. Great8?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Sounds like Donald Trump came up with the codename lol. Instant fail. Still gonna get it, though.
Hey, then it's going to be great. I'm definitely in now ;)

I loved the Note 7, and will get the Note 8.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
I was under the impression the S 8+ was to take the place of the Note Series.