No Embedded Fingerprint Scanner For The Note 8?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-8-geskin-2-jpg.77562

According to sources Samsung will skip the embedded fingerprint scanner on the Note 8 just as they did with the S8 and S8+. A Samsung Electronics official stated, "We made every effort to install a display-integrated fingerprint sensor on Galaxy Note 8, but we decided not to install it on this strategic phone due to various technical limitations such as security." Samsung will have to continue their research and development on the technology in hopes to include it in the Galaxy S9.

Samsung may be a step behind with the tech as Apple is expected to launch the iPhone 8 with a display embedded fingerprint reader. Without this feature the Note 8 will have one less thing to differentiate itself from the S8+. The Note 8 will reportedly be announced on September 8. We still expect to see a 6.3" Infinity Display and a dual lens camera.

via SamMobile

Attachments

• galaxy-note-8-geskin-2.jpg
    galaxy-note-8-geskin-2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4,148

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
After the Note 7 debacle, the last thing they need to do is to start removing features from the Note 8.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The fingerprint scanner is one thing that I look for in every phone I buy now. For a company to remove it yet keep all their useless feathers and bloat is kind of a massive fail on their part.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Rather have something that is secure and works instead of releasing and having it fail.. I like their decision..

Batman8

Reaction score
I would assume that Samsung will still include a fingerprint reader but just not have it embedded into the glass. I just hope it has better placement than the reader on my S8+.

I'm still looking forward to buying the N8 (I just seriously hope it comes with 6GB of ram & 128GB of storage on board). With the HD games that I play, they need a lot of memory and it has to be internal unless I root, which lately I haven't been doing with my devices since now using things like Samsung Pay.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This is very upsetting! I am hoping they do not place it in the same place as the S8! If they are going to place it on the back, place it under the camera. The Fingerprint scanner under the glass would of put them over the top. Just crazy! After the Note 7 fiasco they need to come correct with the Note 8!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I guess I may have to wait for the note 9. I use the fingerprint scanner too much for it to be on the back. It would be totally inconvenient.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I may have to wait for the note 9. I use the fingerprint scanner too much for it to be on the back. It would be totally inconvenient.

I turned off the front fingerprint scanner on my Note 4 because it was a pain to use. The rear fingerprint scanner on my 6P is awesome. I can't imagine liking a front scanner better.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
For those of use that use the Notes for business the security is very important. Iris, Fingerprint scanners and encryption are very important for me!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I turned off the front fingerprint scanner on my Note 4 because it was a pain to use. The rear fingerprint scanner on my 6P is awesome. I can't imagine liking a front scanner better.

I guess it could be one of those features that look terrible on paper but is really a useful feature

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I guess I can see how a front scanner could be useful if your phone is sitting on a desk or table but I've never really had an issue picking my phone up long enough to unlock it. I just like the rear placement because it seems so natural in relation to where my fingers are when I hold my phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I won’t do rear facing sensor ...front is the way to go for me as well ...so many more times I don’t want to pick up phone from desk ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
After the Note 7 debacle, the last thing they need to do is to start removing features from the Note 8.
Unless said feature causes the device to malfunction and explode ;D

RyanPm40

Reaction score

I agree, except for the placement of the scanner on the S8. It's in a very stupid location, regardless of being on the back. I love the location of mine on the back of my G5.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I have set up my Note 4 FP scanner numerous times, and every time that I try to put it to use.....not recognized...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk