Why does my led flick on and off during calls?

skyshadow

Reaction score
Whenever I'm in a phone call the white led lite at the bottom of my phone flickers on and off. Is this normal and if so why?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're using the stock LED application, then it's just notifying you of a notification, email/text ect...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i see it, too. it flashes white when im on the phone. don't know why, and it doesn't really bother me, but just saying you're not the only one.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're having the problem, switch to Light Flow Lite notification app. This doesn't occur and you can set up different colors for different notifications.

TeeX

Reaction score
If you're having the problem, switch to Light Flow Lite notification app. This doesn't occur and you can set up different colors for different notifications.

love lightflow. I have different color and sound notifications for all my frequent contacts. Awesome app.

Shad0w0fDeth

Reaction score
I use light flow and I've noticed this happening too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It probably blinks to let you know you're on a call, that's my best guess.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to delete a few posts here in this thread, if your not here to help, please move on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use light flow and I've noticed this happening too.

It doesn't occur with Lightflow, tested it just now and it's not blinking while on a phone call. You may have gotten a notification and swiped it away earlier without actually going to the message/email/phone call and it will continue to blink until you actually go check out the specific notification. Don't know if this is a bug with Lightflow or if it's intended as a way to remind you that you disregarded a notification earlier.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Because without it, you wouldn't know you were on a call?:D
Well not just that, but sometimes when you put the phone down and the screen doesn't respond by turning on. Could happen, especially on speaker mode

Shad0w0fDeth

Reaction score
It doesn't occur with Lightflow, tested it just now and it's not blinking while on a phone call. You may have gotten a notification and swiped it away earlier without actually going to the message/email/phone call and it will continue to blink until you actually go check out the specific notification. Don't know if this is a bug with Lightflow or if it's intended as a way to remind you that you disregarded a notification earlier.

I don't have any activate notifications at the time. My led will just quickly blink for about a second when I answere the call.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have any activate notifications at the time. My led will just quickly blink for about a second when I answere the call.

So your problem is a white light blinks once when you answer a call?

Next problem please=P

Mugenized

Reaction score
I just noticed this the other day but I'm not sure how often it happens. I also noticed a quick flicker one time when I started streaming via Google Music. It's almost as if it's triggered by a transmitting radio, even though I don't see this happening too often.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I've seen the random white light during calls and I think closing a web browser before also