Why do you love your Droid X2?

mypalOtis

Reaction score
I have a droid 3 now and am thinking of switching to the X2, which my brother has and says is the best

issues i am having with my Droid 3: battery getting warm, short battery life, not using the physical keyboard, and my MAIN complaint: CALL QUALITY- it hisses, sounds tinny and muffled at times and I constantly ask people to repeat themselves

So- how is the droid x2 on call quality and battery life? is the upgrade to Gingerbread a smooth one?

any thoughts would be great

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
This is my opinion.

I absolutely love my X2. It is a powerful phone. It exceeds just about everything I want to do. The large 4.3 inch screen is kinda of a hassle but not a deal breaker.
I used to turn my OG Droid into landscape mode to type but not the X2. The keyboard is large and easy enough to type in portrait mode.

The qHD screen is awesome. Everything is crisp and clear. Small fonts are easy to read and detail is noticeable.
X2 can run just about every app on the market with no hesitation. X2 can play games with little to no lag, thanks to the Tegra 2 dual-core processor.

Calls are crisp and clear. I have a friend that is sometimes hard to understand from time to time over the phone. X2 helps make it a lot more clear about what he has to say. (Not being mean, just proving the point.)

Batteries are never the same. Motorola says that it has a 1540mAH battery doesn't mean it will have that amount. Some are hover and lower than the amount given. I have great battery life. I can get a full day with heavy use on my X2. I do of course have my battery settings to Maximum battery saver Because I don't care too much for MOTOBLUR. That's my settings anyways. Lol.

My biggest problem with the X2 is the Stock Android Keyboard freezing. Over a period of time it tends to freeze. Thankfully the Droidforums community has helped solved the problem. They are a few problems. With the music playback on the X2. If your listening to music and multi-task it wants to skip and lag. That's if a few if the issues the X2 has.

Overall. It's a great phone to have and I enjoy using it everyday.

Hope this helps with your decision. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
M

mypalOtis

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information. It is a HUGE help :)

My biggest issue now is call quality so I want to go to my local verizon and play with X2 for a little to see how it performs

I have one week left to make an exchange

Theot

Reaction score
I'll second all of what doubletap said. I've had mine for about 6 weeks now and it ran well on the pre-rooted GB. Coming from a Samsung Fascinate with touchwiz I didn't care for blur much so I threw ADW launcher on it and love it.

I'm running a custom rom as of this week and its really good. Has the right mix of blur apparel and asop. Call quality has been superb and I wouldn't go back to the Samsung ever. Build quality also is very solid and I love the feel of the phone. Love the 4.3" screen also, overall the phone is barely bigger than the fascinate even with the case on and fits nicely in my pocket.

Also love the fm radio that is built in, use it daily.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I honestly love my Droid X2 because it has a big screen without it being super-thick and bulky. Before i got my X2, i was worried because i didn't want a phone that was uncomfortable to carry around in my pocket. Because it's so thin, i hardly notice it when im walking around at work and sitting in class.

I also really like the battery life on this phone: I have completely stock everything (battery and phone) and with moderate usage I can make it full a through day easily. With heavy usage, I'll be in the red when my day ends which is good enough for me! I actually had a Droid 3 before my X2 and had to exchange it for this phone because I found that the battery life on the D3 was actually worse than my almost 2 year old Original Droid.

A bonus for me is that the audio quality is actually much, much better than what I expected. It's not at the iPhone/iPod level of audio quality for listening to music, but for listening in my car and stuff its more than good enough (when it doesent stutter) and much, much bettter than my Original Droid's audio quality which often sounded really flat and lifeless.

Really the only thing I don't like about this phone are the random reboots (happens about once a day for me, rather annoying but it only takes ~30 seconds to boot up again) and the audio stuttering. Motorola has said that they're working on a patch for both so hopefully it rolls out relatively soon.

Overall I would definitely recommend this phone to other people if It fits their needs.

One more thing - I guess as far as smartphones go I could honestly care less about call quality as long as I can hear the other person fine (I don't talk on then phone a lot so I've never ran into an issue where it's been a problem) but so far the call quality on my X2 has been pretty good. Other peoples voices come through loud and clear without sounding "tinny" or like they're trapped in a metal box. People never complain that they can't hear me or anything like that when I'm talking to them so I can only assume that my voice sounds alright to them also. Honestly the only thing I find wrong with it is that I wish the speakerphone was a little bit louder. Coming from my Original Droid it's a little more quiet.

Last edited:
OP
M

mypalOtis

Reaction score
Thanx Al & Theo...all you guys are amazing and are giving me some great advice.

Al- since you switched from the D3 to the X2 I just wanted to know a few more things....is the speakerphone & general volume better on the x2? Did you have the hot battery issue with your droid 3 and do you have it with the x2? What were your other reasons for returning the x2 and what other qualities surpass the Droid 3. Thanx again.

ckburks

Reaction score
Wait.... You can talk on these things??? I've been using google maps to find a payphone this whole time... Sorry couldn't help myself...

in99flames

Reaction score
My X2 works great. I have it running eclipse ROM and it is very fast. I ran antutu on a bionic and my X2, the bionic was better by only about 100 points on the total. I came from an original X. I loved my X quite a lot, and I like my X2 just as much. At first, I was not that impressed because the stock Froyo(when I got it) really sucked on this device. The gingerbread update was a lot better....then I started to debloat.......Its just great. Calls are great, performance is great....battery sucks hahaha. Even with an extended battery I do not get a full day sometimes. I used Juice Defender and got 2 days without charging. Hope this helps.

in99flames

Reaction score
Really the only thing I don't like about this phone are the random reboots (happens about once a day for me, rather annoying but it only takes ~30 seconds to boot up again) and the audio stuttering. Motorola has said that they're working on a patch for both so hopefully it rolls out relatively soon.

I have been familiar with these issues as many have complained...but my audio never stuttered and it does not reboot. Im not sure the cause of this, most likely software....I am thinking this since I am not running normal software on my phone and I do not have these issues.

Last edited:

Tboy72

Reaction score
I have a droid 3 now and am thinking of switching to the X2, which my brother has and says is the best

issues i am having with my Droid 3: battery getting warm, short battery life, not using the physical keyboard, and my MAIN complaint: CALL QUALITY- it hisses, sounds tinny and muffled at times and I constantly ask people to repeat themselves

So- how is the droid x2 on call quality and battery life? is the upgrade to Gingerbread a smooth one?

any thoughts would be great

So I have the X2 and love it. It is an extreemly powerful device. Playing games that are in the Tegra Zone are absolutely incredible. You can really see the Nvidia Tegra 2 shine here. The update to Gingerbread that recently came out really helped fix a lot of other bugs as well. The issue with music skipping disappeared. To be honest, I am very picky with my devices and I am really satisfied and happy with my Droid X2.

Never ever had an issue with the keyboard freezing. I used the stock keyboard and have been using Swift Key X for awhile now. Call quality on the X2 is one of the greatest features of the device. Call quality is excellent. Audio is clear, crisp, and is by far the best on any cellular phone I have ever used.

You won't be dissapointed with the Droid X2. Get it!dancedroid

1_Topher

Reaction score
I'll second all of what doubletap said. I've had mine for about 6 weeks now and it ran well on the pre-rooted GB. Coming from a Samsung Fascinate with touchwiz I didn't care for blur much so I threw ADW launcher on it and love it.

I'm running a custom rom as of this week and its really good. Has the right mix of blur apparel and asop. Call quality has been superb and I wouldn't go back to the Samsung ever. Build quality also is very solid and I love the feel of the phone. Love the 4.3" screen also, overall the phone is barely bigger than the fascinate even with the case on and fits nicely in my pocket.

Also love the fm radio that is built in, use it daily.

I had a Fascinate for 6 months - toughest 6 months of "phone life" ever! Just got my X2 yesterday and I am looking forward to a much better experience. Will be spending some time here on research and figuring out next steps - appreciate any insight!

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I have been familiar with these issues as many have complained...but my audio never stuttered and it does not reboot. Im not sure the cause of this, most likely software....I am thinking this since I am not running normal software on my phone and I do not have these issues.

Are you running a custom ROM? Maybe that's why...I've tried out a few custom ROM's for the phone but just SBF'ed back to completely stock since their all pretty crappy right now.