Why do YOU install a new ROM?

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I rooted mostly to get rid of bloatware apps and for free tethering (I still only use <2GB per month, even if I do tether a little bit).

I flash custom ROMs for a few reasons. Typically, they add some functionality that a stock ROM lacks. I also like the look of MIUI (a ROM) much better than the stock Android OS. Finally, I do it partially because I can, and it's something new to learn and try.

I love MIUI too, but it's a no go on the DX and D2. Jamezelle was supposed to port it, but never got around to it. I would try it if I knew how, but unfortunately, I'm a Windows guy and I don't know enough about Linux to attempt it.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Does a new ROM like Liberty help battery life too? dancedroid

For sure, Liberty does not include any of the bloatware apps that are included with the Stock ROM, which helps with battery life. I get like 18-24 hours with Liberty, more with light usage. I think Liberty is the best ROM out for the DX right now. Just do your research and you will be good. Make a backup of your current setup, so if you happen to hate the new ROM, you can restore back to stock. If your contacts are syncing with you gmail account, they will all be there when you install the new ROM. Also your market apps will restore once you sign in and go into the market. You should use an app like Titanium backup to backup the data for your apps. You can then go into Titanium backup and restore the data for those apps (say like your angry birds progress or settings, etc). Installing a ROM is awesome, just take precautions, back up everything. Android is a beautiful thing, and it wants to be explored.

uberbdon

Reaction score
After installing GB I'm not going back to roms made by non moto roms for the DX. Check out the rom's bug threads and you'll get what I'm saying.

Froyo blur sucked imo. GB is lightning fast, and while rooted I can uninstall our install any bloat I want.

I've never had my DX ruin this fast and flawless before.

Antob125

Reaction score
I currently run 595 GB on my DX. And im running Zapx latest rom. Just wondering if anyone has used Zapx and if others are better

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums