2.3.340 update and ROM backups

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Okay one question before I install this new update. Is there any reason to keep all my other ROM backups? Right now I am running SSX 1.0, but I have backups of rubix, apex, stock, and stock with themes...so I could switch ROMs at my convenience. My question is, after I install my stock 2.3.15 backup and accept the new OTA update is there any reason to keep all those backups? If I take the OTA and then try to flash back to one of the ROM backups, wont I be screwed?

Just trying to clear some space on my SD card, any and all comments are welcome.

P.S. z4root does work on the new update. I just updated the wife's stock phone and z4root rooted it rather quickly.

One more question...?

What ROMs/Themes work with the new 2.2.1?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Actually no , Those roms will not work on the Leak so They won't be of any use to you. IMHO! I would make a nandroid of your Stock OS once you Successfully upgrade to the leak. Its not difficult at all. Just be sure to follow directions "VERBATIM" . I did and now am all good w/all the compatible roms for the leak..I wish you the Best.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Leak or ota once you upgrade your old backups are worthless. As for what works with the update, apex 1.3 and the latest tranq are all I know of at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

triqsix

Reaction score
is the sbf file out for the OTA yet? or is 2.3.32 the .340 sbf?

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Leak or ota once you upgrade your old backups are worthless. As for what works with the update, apex 1.3 and the latest tranq are all I know of at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, I was pretty sure my old backups were worthless.

I was thinking about giving the new apex a try. I am really hoping for a new SSX ROM.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score

I was also wondering if the full SBF for the 2.3.340 update was going to be available anytime soon. It is nice to not have any worries when I start flashing ROMs and themes.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
TranQ 3.5+ and Fission (latest vers) are the only two I know of that work on the update.

ismokel

Reaction score
DarkslideV4 is up to date as well. Also a patch update for focused(leak)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I was also wondering if the full SBF for the 2.3.340 update was going to be available anytime soon. It is nice to not have any worries when I start flashing ROMs and themes.

The 340 sbf is not out. The 320 sbf is out. Also, there is a 340 system only sbf. Fortunately, you can use the 320 sbf on top of 340, so all of this gives us a recovery path. If you brick at 340, sbf to 320 and then upgrade again to 340.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App