Why do you hate the Iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Because they chose at&t to be the only service provider(until now)... and I'm now in love with android. Long live android!!!

Also, no insurance or warranty until now... that b.s. really turned me off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because they chose at&t to be the only service provider(until now)... and I'm now in love with android. Long live android!!!

What do you mean by no warrenty until now? ... you saying that with a jailbreak they should provide warrenty? Or r u saying apple doesnt offer a warrenty? I would be shocked if they didnt though...one year warrenty is kind of a good thing for all OEMs. Definetly a dealbreaker alone if they didnt.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've got a warranty on mine. The usual Verizon warranty and the typical Applecare warranty for phone problems. Don't know the question about that.

As far as warranty not applying to jailbreak, same goes for rooting. Send a rooted phone in for warranty work and you can be in for a fun ride.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've got a warranty on mine. The usual Verizon warranty and the typical Applecare warranty for phone problems. Don't know the question about that.

As far as warranty not applying to jailbreak, same goes for rooting. Send a rooted phone in for warranty work and you can be in for a fun ride.
Haha, i know. I am educated in that area, i just dont get what the post was saying about the warrenty thing. Apple does have a 1 year warrenty, so do practically all the other OEMs. Which makes me confused about what he was saying... I really dout apple would offer a warrenty on a jailbroken phone, thats just obvious. Just like your rooting remark. No way apple lets someone play with internals and provide a new device when it breaks. BL, i think im reading that post wrong :wacko:. I bet you meant something that im not getting in my sleep deprived state.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange, and I think I've said it before but the more I see the anti iPhone threads and apple haters, the more I want to give the iPhone a try. I love my D2 very happy with it but the very worst fanboys are the Android ones. I'm looking forward now to checking out iPhone 5 and I wasn't in the market for a phone for another 14 months previously.

rlfitz

Reaction score
I think its a great phone. my friend just got one. There are 3 reasons I wont buy one. 1. Steve Jobs ultimate control. 2. The fact the Iphone has become a fashion statement that goes well with a teenage girls outfit and purse. 3 Of course because I love Android

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

What do you mean by no warrenty until now? ... you saying that with a jailbreak they should provide warrenty? Or r u saying apple doesnt offer a warrenty? I would be shocked if they didnt though...one year warrenty is kind of a good thing for all OEMs. Definetly a dealbreaker alone if they didnt.

This was when the OG iPhone just came out, my friend said he was told he needed to purchase the extended warranty to have any warranty at all. Now that I think about it sounds like they were just trying to get more money from him. After hearing that I just stop paying attention to the hype. As for insurance at&t did not offer any not sure if they do now or not, I know vzw does for a 139.99 deductible and I think like 14.99 a month for insurance.

Jeyman

Reaction score
We will see if I feel the same way once my Moto droid is switched over to a EVO in two weeks.

But the openness and the amount of custom settings/roms is so great. The Iphone is nice a few of my friends have it, but theres always something I shock them with on my droid.

I wish we got other phones with unlocked bootloders so it could be a true open OS(though for the most part leeks lead to workarounds at some point in the phones life)

I dont hate the Iphone, not by any means. The appstore/optimized os is a great thing, it just comes at a cost I do not support. The phone company/apple total control of my device that I paid large sums of cash for. I am somewhat turned off by how android phones have been in recent months too.

Android will always be better to me for the simple fact that google at least does their best to be open, give us some power. Even if all other phones are locked down tight by HTC/Moto/whoever we can always look to google to release a top of the line phone that will have nothing locked down. (even if the phone company its on is not so great where I live)

edit: There is nothing to bash about the Iphone, if you want to bash it you have to look at how apple deals with its customers/partners. Apple does not play nice with others~

Last edited:
B

bthomp21

i dont hate it, its a solid phone. not as much customization as android devices though.

mjforte

Reaction score
Because it holds up the release of the Thunderbolt! And the fact that its like a walled garden. Its not customizable either. Don't be suprised to see it on every carrier in a few years though, as Android's growth has been huge and Apple can't just sit back thinking they have the best phone anymore. They'll definitely want to fight back, hence the iPhone now on Verizon.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont hate it, I just dont want one.

What I do hate is some of Apple's business policies...

Last edited:

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Its a good phone but the os is just to simplistic. The andriod os is more like a computer os. But some people need simpler things to complete the same task. The only thing I wish andriod had was its own version of or variation of itunes. It would make syncing alot easier and less of hassle having to get music alternativly then going through the steps of puting it on my X

In a galaxy far far away...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am closing this thread, the iphone is a good device and any discussions about the iphone needs to take place here: iPhone Forum This is a Android forum and we would like to keep the topics based on the droid devices. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.