Jumped ship to iphone 4S and I am loving it....

sirdroid

Reaction score
Not to start any flame wars but I am loving my iphone 4S. Have been a droid user for the past 2 years....been through original droid...then eris...then incredible and fascinate but none came even close to the iphone. Most importantly the battery lasts me the whole work day with regular use...android used to last me half a day. No freezes or lags on the iphone....very responsive. Does what it is supposed to do and does it very well. I needed a phone that just works and this one does. I was getting tired of the android customization...rooting..etc etc...which was just a waste of time and trying to achieve what the android OS failed to offer.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You sir are not the king of spam posts. Go away please.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Funny story though I actually met him last Thursday at a convention in pittsburg.

OP
S

sirdroid

Reaction score
The thing is miss on the iphone is the gmail integration of android.

Insidious

Reaction score
I like Android phones and iPhones. I see where he's coming from, but iOS 5 left me really unimpressed!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
IPhone is never a disappointment although I dislike it.

Insidious

Reaction score
I never said I wanted an iPhone :b I can just see why a lot of people like it. Android for life<3

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android isn't for everyone. Just like iOS isn't for everyone. The iPhone seems dull imo. I like being able to hack and tweak the Android OS to my liking. An iPhone is an iPhone. Nobody's is any different. If that's what makes you happy, great.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
And you may miss the free Google Navigation. And the ability to type in a contact's name and get directions to their house. And the ability to upgrade to the iPhone 5 with LTE at a reduced price next year.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Android isn't for everyone. Just like iOS isn't for everyone. The iPhone seems dull imo. I like being able to hack and tweak the Android OS to my liking. An iPhone is an iPhone. Nobody's is any different. If that's what makes you happy, great.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Jailbreaking is what makes you different. Which is why I enjoy iOS as much as I do with Android. If you couldn't jailbreak however, I wouldn't like it so much.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is what makes you different. Which is why I enjoy iOS as much as I do with Android. If you couldn't jailbreak however, I wouldn't like it so much.

Even a jailbroken iPhone doesn't offer the customization options that Android does. All iPhones look the same, even the jailbroken ones. The only noticeable difference I've seen with being jailbroken is that you can have notification pull-downs, something even stock Android offers. I'm not going to knock iOS though. I don't think many can argue against the fact that iOS provides a very smooth and user-friendly experience. "It just works."

Out of the box Android vs Out of the box iPhone? In favor of iPhone
Rooted Android vs Jail-broken iPhone? In favor of Android

And I don't really think that's debatable.

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Even a jailbroken iPhone doesn't offer the customization options that Android does. All iPhones look the same, even the jailbroken ones. The only noticeable difference I've seen with being jailbroken is that you can have notification pull-downs, something even stock Android offers. I'm not going to knock iOS though. I don't think many can argue against the fact that iOS provides a very smooth and user-friendly experience. "It just works."

Out of the box Android vs Out of the box iPhone? In favor of iPhone
Rooted Android vs Jail-broken iPhone? In favor of Android

And I don't really think that's debatable.

I agree with that fact that Android is more customizable, but you'd be surprise on what you can actually do with iOS as well.

This is what my current iPad home screen looks like right now.
View attachment 41639

All my apps are in an "app drawer" also.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Tried my friends iPhone 4s. Far better than my thunderbolt, didn't like the tiny screen. It kept bothering me. I want that prime now.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
what's an iPhone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums