Why can't Droid handle push Gmail?

Chosen_One

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

I have a personal email account with Gmail.
I have a work account through GoDaddy that I have pushed to a separate Gmail account.

Both Gmail accounts are added to my phone.
Both Google accounts are also added to my phone (why the hell do I have to add Google accounts AND Gmail accounts? That's ridiculous).

I have all these accounts set up to sync. None of them do. I may get a notification that shows the last 3 emails I received in the past hour, but they don't show up automatically. Sometimes I get no notifications for several hours, then all of a sudden, 14 emails.

How can Blackberry do something to perfectly that Google can't even do for it's own email service?

OP
C

Chosen_One

Reaction score
Settings > Accounts > Google Account > All 4 items checked to sync (Sync Gmail included). So why doesn't it sync? Where is the push?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Well, you're doing something wrong because I've got two gmail accounts working just fine on my device.

skennelly

Reaction score
Might be slightly different for your phone, but go to settings - battery & data manager - data delivery - email & corporate sync - email delivery options and make sure data push is selected.

OP
C

Chosen_One

Reaction score
Yep. Settings > Data Manager > Email & Corporate Sync > Email Delivery > Data Push: Turned on for Personal & Work accounts.
Fetch Schedule is being used for no accounts.

According to how I have everything set up, I should be getting push notifications, and not receiving email at random intervals.