Who's planning to purchase the MotoACTV?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many are interested in the MotoACTV? Would you like to see a dedicated forum section on DroidForums.net covering it?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not really. It has some nice features, but not my cup of tea.

Reaction score
I would love to get this thing. It looks to be a great idea, with a lot of cool functions, but $300 for a digital wrist band. C'mooon!!
Here's to a significant price drop after release!!

:icon_ lala:

azules9780

Reaction score
I AM!!! I have been waiting for this thing to come out and in all seriousness, I very well may purchase this "GASP" before the Galaxy Nexus. Here is the next kicker, if I have to make a choice between getting the phone or this the day they come out, I will be hard pressed to choose between the two. Seriously. This device is more of a necessity for me than a new phone. I do triathlons and run marathons. So I would definitely be interested in a dedicated forum as well.

The only concern that I have is I saw conflicting reports as to it's water resistance. I have seen water resistant and water proof. Based on looking at it, water resistant is what I see. However, either way, I will still purchase this device.

Thank you Moto. And because of THIS device, I may get the the razr instead of the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mcjonesy

Reaction score
The only concern that I have is I saw conflicting reports as to it's water resistance. I have seen water resistant and water proof. Based on looking at it, water resistant is what I see. However, either way, I will still purchase this device.

According to www.motoactv.com it's "sweat proof" and "rain resistant". So I wouldn't take it on your swims unless you plan on putting it in a plastic bag under you swim cap (I used to do this with my Forerunner 305).

JRParsons

Reaction score
I AM!!! I have been waiting for this thing to come out and in all seriousness, I very well may purchase this "GASP" before the Galaxy Nexus. Here is the next kicker, if I have to make a choice between getting the phone or this the day they come out, I will be hard pressed to choose between the two. Seriously. This device is more of a necessity for me than a new phone. I do triathlons and run marathons. So I would definitely be interested in a dedicated forum as well.

Thank you Moto. And because of THIS device, I may get the the razr instead of the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Pretty much nothing is waterproof, just different levels of water resistant. When you buy a watch it will say water resistant to x meters. That is the amount of water pressure the device can withstand before there is leakage.
Sweat proof is not even close to water resistant, splash proof is little better, but I wouldn't submerge it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a very nice device and I would definitely want it, but I feel it's priced a bit too high.

I'm sure it'll drop in price in no time, anyone sense the Nintendo 3DS affect?

Once it gets down to the $170 range I might bite

KingLo

Reaction score
Expect it to survive a drop in a puddle but not a day at the pool and thats only if the rubber in place.

pharmnatr

Reaction score
Cant wait to get one. I'm waiting till all the accessories are available. I'm particularly interested in the bluetooth earbuds but the sound quality concerns me. Also wondering how accurate the heart rate monitor is.
I'll probably get one with a bunch of accessories and return the ones I'm not happy with

TJConnery

Reaction score
MOTOACTV Rocks

Yes, I would like to see a MotoACTV forum here. The Motorola Forum for this device is pretty active, but it would be nice to have a non-manufacturer moderated forum as well. I bought my device the weekend it was launched, and while you go through an adjustment period of realizing that this is not a Garmin device, the other features start to grow on you, especially if you are inclined to listen to music while working out. Moto has made a few updates to improve battery life, with more on the way.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Please set up a forum!
Especially now that it can be rioted and run addl market apps!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums