What model Galaxy S8 are you buying?

• Galaxy S8

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Galaxy S8+

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

biggles

Reaction score
Waiting for reviews after it launches before deciding. Choices include getting S8, G6, or sticking with G4 (hopefully it won't bootloop again though).

Been hearing good things about S8 battery life, supposed to be as good as S7 edge.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I just pre-ordered two of the S8 for the wife and I. Sprint/Samsung has the pre-order deal right now to get a free VR headset with controller so we didn't pass up the opportunity to get two of them. Ours should ship on the 21st. I purchased one of the S6s we have to keep as a back-up just in case anything happens. Plus with the S6 getting Nougat soon I don't see a reason to not keep at least one for the kids to play on or use later.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the S8 plus on Friday! The phone is great! Glad I got it! Two things that I did not read on the various reviews. First, I definitely could see the issue pushing on the camera lens instead of the fingerprint reader. However, that is without a case. As soon as I put the case on the phone that issue went away. I can find the fingerprint reader without looking at the back of the phone. Second, the phone uses USB-C. No more looking at the tip to see which way the plug needs to be oriented as the USB-C plugs in either way. Here are some additional things. The camera is awesome and the screen is big enough I actually like using the stock keyboard (had been using Swype). The iris unlock feature is neat but doesn't work all that well outside. The signal reception seems to be much better than that of my Note 5.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I've seen some great reviews on YouTube.... definitely a good looking device BUT after the Note 7 drama I'm going to sit back and see how Sammy does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want the S8, I think the physical screen on the S8+ is to large. I absolutely love the new design, but it makes me want to wait for the Note 8. Hoping for an under screen finger print scanner. I HATE the placement of the finger print scanner on the S8/S8+

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was seriously thinking of getting the S8 but I had a Note 5 and the screen on the S8 was too small for me so I went with the S8 plus. Actually overall smaller than my Note. Easier to hold and a GREAT screen!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Finally placed my order for the Orchid Gray S8 yesterday. Here's hoping I don't get the red tint, because that will annoy the heck out of me lol

cece5702

Reaction score
I was seriously thinking of getting the S8 but I had a Note 5 and the screen on the S8 was too small for me so I went with the S8 plus. Actually overall smaller than my Note. Easier to hold and a GREAT screen!

The S8+ screen is smaller than the screen on the N5? I have the N5 thinking about the S8+ but definitely don't want to reduce my screen size.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen is bigger but the overall size of the phone is smaller. It's just a touch longer than the ote 5 but thinner than the Note 5

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm 2 full days into the S8 and I am absolutely loving this phone. I've had over 6 hours of screen on time in 21hrs off the charger, and I'm still at 18% battery. That's with WiFi, Bluetooth, and high accuracy location turned on. I should mention that's that's all with almost 3 hours if playing Pokémon Go lol.
I haven't had any issues with the iris scanner indoors, even while wearing my glasses. I'm not having much issue with the fingerprint either, and I've got pretty small hands.
The touchscreen is almost TOO sensitive for me though. But I do not have a screen protector on it yet.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jackie, I agree. The battery life is crazy good! Also, unless you changed it, your screen resolution is set to mid level, WQHD+ in display. I tried it and didn't see enough of a difference to use it as a daily setting but if I watch a show/movie, I move it up. Sho far, I'm very impressed with this phone!

BIG58DADDY

Reaction score
An S8+ for me, another S8+ for my better half, and opt-in on a Galaxy For Life subscription for both!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk