Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Galaxy S8+

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I've had my S8+ for thew days now and while it's superb at everything out does it doesn't quite have the wow/gloat factor that I still have with my S6 Edge Plus.

I'm still not used to the long thin screen and still prefer the screen on my S6 Edge Plus.

Sent from my S8+ using my finger.

Djlukeashford

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s8 plus
Galaxy S8 plus problem if anyone can help

I'm not getting notifications/alerts from tweets from people I subscribe to. I'm not sure why this is a problem because I DO get Twitter notifications if someone send me a Twitter message. In just move over to Samsung from iPhone and it worked on there.. am wondering if it's a feature not available on android?

If changed the battery optimization for Twitter but it never changed anything buy as I said I don't think it's Twitter notifications in general as I do get them.for messages just not subscribed tweets.

Any help will be much appreciated

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, Djlukeashford!

You should be able to fix your Twitter notification problem by going into the notification settings in the Twitter app. Open up your Twitter app then go to the bell notification icon at the top, then select the settings gear icon on the bottom right. From there you can set which kind of Twitter notifications you would like to receive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Djlukeashford

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s8 plus
Welcome to DroidForums, Djlukeashford!

You should be able to fix your Twitter notification problem by going into the notification settings in the Twitter app. Open up your Twitter app then go to the bell notification icon at the top, then select the settings gear icon on the bottom right. From there you can set which kind of Twitter notifications you would like to receive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Think of got it. Your a star that k you so much

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I did consider getting the s8+ because I do not use the stylus as much a I used to but three things stopped me, first, I still have five months to go with at$t paying off the note 5 and the thought of the Note 8 that will be released about the time I pay off at$t. and finally that fingerprint scanner being on the back. I use it too much and when I looked at the display model, it seemed too inconvenient to use.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got my S8+. So far I'm really enjoying it. Sprung for the Morphie case so I'll have even more battery life. Also got a Zagg screen for it, but haven't had a chance to put it on yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I'm used to the unusual aspect ratio now and even though my S6 Edge Plus is running nougat it seems antiquated compared.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I picked up the S8+ last night going to run with it side by side with my iPhone ...it’s a beautiful phone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I picked up the S8+ last night going to run with it side by side with my iPhone ...it’s a beautiful phone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A keeper or you just checking it out for a few days?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
A keeper or you just checking it out for a few days?
I'm have it running on my second line so no rush to get rid of it .... it runs nicely so far ..

I jumped on the T-Mobile BOGO deal

Sent using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Anyone looking for more deals..Samsung site has $200 off any working smartphone...running Android or iOS

Sent using Tapatalk

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just got my 8+ yesterday and it's truly awesome. Without even turning it on, it looks just gorgeous. I got the black one. It's just about all glass front and back. Reminded me of that black thingy in Space Odyssey. The sensor on the back is unfortunate but, considering the amount of screen real estate you're getting on the front, it's a small price to pay. Great great phone.