Who's camera focus fails on every shot?? (POLL)

LukeS

Reaction score
My droids camera fails focus on every shot. When I try and take a shot the camera clicks, goes through all the focus points, goes past the proper in focus point then beeps and puts a red box around the image. Even when it confirms focus the picture is out of focus. The problem is very bad with barcode reading software or macro shots even in macro mode

I have tried:
- With the flash on, off, and auto
- In macro, infinity, and auto focus mode
- 2M, 3M, & 5M pixel mode
- A few different scene modes

This seems to be a firmware issue because the camera will focus properly then just go right past the correct focus point. I am hoping the firmware update will fix this. What is the maximum time we have to exchange the phone for a new unit?

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The search button is your friend...There have been a ton of posts regarding the autofocus issue. Supposedly, it is a software problem that will be rectified in the first OTA (Over The Air) update, slated for a December 11th release.

We shall see...:icon_eek:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
30 days. Hopefully you got your phone the 11th-13th. Then if the ota update doesnt help you can exchange and you are still in the lower rate for cancelling service.

What is the maximum time we have to exchange the phone for a new unit?

OP
L

LukeS

Reaction score
30 days. Hopefully you got your phone the 11th-13th. Then if the ota update doesnt help you can exchange and you are still in the lower rate for cancelling service.

I know I have 30 days if I want to return the phone for another phone or cancel smart phone service but is the warranty period for the phone 30 days, that is what I was unclear about. If I just want them to replace my phone with another droid that can actually focus. Tough looking at the poll numbers it looks pretty clear it a software issue, unless they really messed something up.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh ok. The phone warranty is one year from Motorola.

I know I have 30 days if I want to return the phone for another phone or cancel smart phone service but is the warranty period for the phone 30 days, that is what I was unclear about. If I just want them to replace my phone with another droid that can actually focus. Tough looking at the poll numbers it looks pretty clear it a software issue, unless they really messed something up.

ibnetman

Reaction score
I have found that if you clean the camera lens before taking a pic, it really helps with the focus and quality.

pilot25

Reaction score
I have found that if you clean the camera lens before taking a pic, it really helps with the focus and quality.

That's funny. I have also found if you just use your friends camera phone or camera you get crystal clear pictures. Droid doesn't do pictures.

/most useless part of the phone.
//hope the incredible has a useful camera.

ibnetman

Reaction score
i get great pictures... a TON better then any other phone i have ever had, Q9c, and other camera phones... no its not a dslr.. but the pictures come out fine...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine come out great too, unless something is moving. Animals, kids, etc don't sit still long enough. 5mp but the lens is so small the shutter stays open too long for any kind of action shot. Video on the other hand, that's pretty good.

pilot25

Reaction score
Mine come out great too, unless something is moving. Animals, kids, etc don't sit still long enough. 5mp but the lens is so small the shutter stays open too long for any kind of action shot. Video on the other hand, that's pretty good.

+1 on the video.