who uses task killers?

baniels

Reaction score
This topic has been discussed at length several times. I recommend doing a search to read the discussions that have already taken place.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This topic has been discussed at length several times. I recommend doing a search to read the discussions that have already taken place.

Several times? More like every other day.

If were going to discuss it again please post in the proper area. Task killers are apps.

KSR

Reaction score
Well I am still new with my Droid but the task killer I'm currently running is working wonders for me.
I currently have "Advanced Task Killer Free" installed and I have it's widget on one of my home screens so I can click it easily and "kill" all the running apps. It has helped my battery life since I've downloaded it and it was, of course, free. =P
I call the widget by the name of "Kill Droid". xD

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Just make sure to set appropriate ignores on apps that really are needed to run from time to time, like gmail, etc... personally I do not use task killers because I end up micromanaging the program and ends up in battery loss, but use it wisely.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I am still new with my Droid but the task killer I'm currently running is working wonders for me.
I currently have "Advanced Task Killer Free" installed and I have it's widget on one of my home screens so I can click it easily and "kill" all the running apps. It has helped my battery life since I've downloaded it and it was, of course, free. =P
I call the widget by the name of "Kill Droid". xD

Sorry. You're simply wrong. Try the following experiment. For a full week continue to do what you're doing. Once a day power cycle your phone. And run your phone until it's below 5% remaining power before recharging.

Then remove the task killer and run for another seven days. Power cycle once a day and recharge when you are at 5% or less for power.

Record the results of your experiment. You'll find either no significant difference or that running without a task killer results in longer battery life.

Try it.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Sorry. You're simply wrong. Try the following experiment. For a full week continue to do what you're doing. Once a day power cycle your phone. And run your phone until it's below 5% remaining power before recharging.

Then remove the task killer and run for another seven days. Power cycle once a day and recharge when you are at 5% or less for power.

Record the results of your experiment. You'll find either no significant difference or that running without a task killer results in longer battery life.

Try it.

@OP: Or you can just trust my word that task killers will hog more battery than their worth.

krpiper

Reaction score
I dont use it for battery control as much, but I can tell if I have a lot of running apps the phone starts to slow down and I just kill all of my tasks via widget, think of it like a Ctrl Alt Del on Windows

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

Try it.
There's a reason why scientists rely on the scientific method. You have to have a control group in order to make a meaningful comparison. In this case, running without the task killer is the control.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Try it.
There's a reason why scientists rely on the scientific method. You have to have a control group in order to make a meaningful comparison. In this case, running without the task killer is the control.

Yeah, ain't the scientific method the ****z? Frankly, I despair that it is so little used to resolve questions like this one.

garryyjr

Reaction score
Tough.. I used ATK.. I was reading all these threads.. So i deleted it.. To me my phone seems slower. I am awaiting my warranty replacement and with this one, Im going to start without on and see how it is.

I think it might have been in my head that is was slower.